Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ready for change

Since starting to read The Secret, I have realised how it has been ME who has been limiting my ability to move forward - in all areas of my life. While I don't want to become a "The Secret" pusher, I am embracing it throughout my life and it is becoming a part of who I am and what I can achieve. I will try not to bore you with the details each time something happens but I do believe this is what I needed to get myself motivated and on the path to becoming the person I truly am.
We have a situation at our night job - we got to work last week sometime to be told (unofficially by someone who had happened to see the leave forms in the bin) that our leave forms for Spain had landed up in the bin with a big NO written across them. Immediately my back was up and A was so angry he was ready to walk out. Managed to convince him we would be able to sort it out (haven't been able to as yet but I now know that it will all be sorted out in the end). Does anyone know - if you are part-time permanent (night-fillers) and you request leave at a non-busy time i.e. not Christmas, and you have the leave due to you - can they tell you that you can't take your leave ? I mean it isn't as though the company will collapse if we don't pack shelves for a month as they will just get casuals in to fill instead of us. And, even if we didn't have leave (after A using all his leave with his operation I don't know if he will have enough paid leave by September) - wouldn't it be cheaper for them to let us have the leave as unpaid leave ? And, if they are going to say we can't have the leave - surely a phone call would be the least they could do and not just throw the leave requests into the bin ? Maybe it is just the way national companies work - I don't know.
This evening when we get home I am going to be doing some weight exercises - not sure what I am going to do but with some help from A I will get something done. I will be using the fit ball as well. I may do double what the little pamphlet that came with the ball says as I didn't feel like I had done very much after doing one set of everything.
It has been a long time since I had a TFTD or TIAGF and I have decided to get those started again so here goes :
TFTD : Just thinking about a friend makes you want to do a happy dance, because a friend is someone who loves you in spite of your faults.
TIAGF : The opportunity to read The Secret and change my life as a result of what I have read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home