Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Our holiday

About a month ago we booked our tickets for our holiday this year but I never mentioned it because it has been a little up in the air about where we were going. K and I knew where we wanted to go but A was a little undecided. We have managed to talk him around to our country of choice (Spain) and so have now started booking accommodation and looking at car hire etc. What we have found out is that we are going to have to do a lot more research before finalising things like car hire, day trips etc. The places we are staying are really dictated by where we can get timeshare accommodation - at A$249 for a weeks accommodation for 3 of us we really can't find any better value for money. The sad thing is that we only have one week to use at this price and the other two weeks will be a little more expensive but they will still work out cheaper than hotel accommodation.
We will be going to Madrid, Malaga, Alicante, Castellion and Barcelona and I am sure we will all have a great time. K is studying Spanish at school and so we will be relying on her to get us around !!!! Her Spanish teacher has said that she will ensure K has enough grasp of the language so that we don't go hungry !!!! I am sure that if all else fails there will be a McDonald's or Starbucks if the worst comes to the worst (well it was be for the worse because I don't drink tea of coffee so Starbucks is actually of no use to me unless they sell cakes / biscuits !!!)
That is our exciting news for now - there are so many sites to look at that it is getting all quite confusing. I keep jotting down websites but now have to get smarter about that because sometimes I go back and I can't remember what it was that I was looking at on that website !
I haven't done any thinking about anything other than our holiday today - probably should have as that is one of the motivators for me to get these pesky kilos off. Tonight we are going to pack the car for our early start up to Redlands tomorrow. A is going to put the bikes on the back so when we get there we can go for a ride while K is busy warming up and we will get back in time to watch her game before coming home. Other than that, not much else in the way of news - hope you all have a great Saturday night !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home