Saturday, January 28, 2006

Half the weekend gone already

Where does the time go to ? I can’t believe that Saturday is just about over and, when I thought about it, January is just about finished too. I guess before we know it, it will be Christmas again !!!!

Went to the hairdresser this morning and had my hair cut again - I’m going shorter again !!! I am happier with it now than the last time I had it cut. Then it was off to the pool shop and into RB for our weekly muffins. I had a normal blueberry muffin - it wasn’t nearly as nice as the 97% fat free muffins that I normally have - will definitely be changing back to the 97% ones next week. Went into Surfers to have a look at the Georg Jensen shop - such lovely jewellery there before coming home to find that the freezer door hadn’t been closed properly and had started to defrost. Landed up having to throw out the food which had defrosted and did notice that the seal to the fridge isn’t that good so will call the guy on Monday to see when he can come around to replace it. Having said that, it is the fridge which we brought from SA and it is probably about 20 years old so I don’t know if we will be in luck for them to actually have a replacement seal - will have to see what he says.

This afternoon K and I went for a 50 minute walk around the neighbourhood - it was really good to get out. I was going to walk last night but by the time I eventually got home from work I just couldn’t be bothered. Tomorrow morning we are planning to go for a cycle if the weather is good.

That’s about all the news for today - hopefully we will have good weather tomorrow - get in a cycle and then be able to get all the washing done and dried. I have some chicken marinading in the fridge using a WW recipe - will let you know how it turns out if it is any good. Have a great Sunday and take care everyone !

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

LOL well it seems to already be Easter over here I tell you, with all the chocolate and decorations coming out. I liked it better when we had to *wait* for special occasions and the treats that went along with it. This year does seem to be going really fast!

Mmm, muffins. I do like the lighter varieties better too. I feel like making some today. Will pull out a WW recipe me thinks. Thanks for the inspiration.

I hope you enjoy your Sunday babe :-)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Hi there. Long time no write! Sorry I haven't been able to check blogs much recently, but it certainly looks like you've been able to keep yourself busy! I love that you're throwing yourself into 2006 with gusto, and I bet your body is thanking you for it.

Won't be long now until you see Al - how much longer before he's home for good? I really feel for you, as I know I couldn't do it. You seem to be coping really well though.

Anyway, glad to have caught up on what you're up to. Hope you're well.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

Sorry i have been such a stranger! i have to admit i prefer low fat muffins too as well as low fat brownies, mmmmm

glad that u like your haircut too, i got mine cut on the 5th of october & its still shorter than i like iit!! lol
good luck with the fridge too!!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

Hope you got to go for your cycle. Sounds like the low fat muffins are the go, i'll have to try them. Have a great week.
Bri

5:36 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I agree that this year seems to be flying by. I think it is because we have so many great things to look forward to and plan for that we forget all about the days in between.

I laughed at Mary's comment. I can't believe that Easter eggs are already in the shops and have been for weeks. It takes all the fun out for me. I am looking forward to hearing about your chicken meal. I will have to do some serious recipe hunting soon to stop the boredom creep setting in.

I hope your cycle was fun. :D

Talk to you soon

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home