Thursday, January 12, 2006

Day 3

Today is day 3 of my challenge and I am still going well. Water hasn’t been all that flash as Coke Zero seems to have taken over as my drink of preference. I am not sleeping very well again and this is causing some problems for me at work as I am finding it a little difficult to concentrate on what needs to be done when all I want to do is put my head down and go to sleep. But, having said that, this isn’t the first (nor will it be the last time) that I will not be sleeping well and having to just get on with it so I will stop complaining about it now.

Foodwise I have had 3 really good days. Last night after getting back late from the hair dresser I made the
Chicken Pizzaiola which was just delicious. I used more of the veggies (but no ham) than the recipe said but then I didn’t need to worry to cook any other veggies to serve with it. Because the chicken breasts I had bought were a little bigger that I would normally have had, I didn’t do any carbs with it – we just had the chicken with all the veggies and cheese on top and it was really good. I will definitely be having it again.

K and I were going to go for a cycle or walk last night but then with me running late it didn’t happen so we have a walk planned for tonight which should be good – hopefully it will have cooled down a little by then as it is really hot here today. Thank goodness for air con in the office !!!!

My daily weigh-in is showing a nice downward movement – long may it last. Yesterday I found (by pure fluke) a bikini with a top which can actually hold me up without pulling my head / neck down towards my tummy !!! I have been looking for absolutely ages but have not been able to find anything with enough support. I think that the sizing is way out as the top was a 10 and the pants were a 14 but hey, who looks at the labels when you are wearing the togs anyway !!!!! I took some photos so that I could show Al as he has traipsed around many a store looking for togs for me but I am not game enough to post it on here for all the world to see – sorry !!!!! Maybe I shouldn’t be apologizing as you are probably all too glad not to see me in a bikini !!!!

Had better get back to work – lots to do and not enough time to do it in (how unusual !!!) Take care everyone and have a great week !

TFTD : Either you control your attitude or it controls you

TIAGF : Being so motivated and able to stay on track

9 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Love the haircut, I think you will find it very easy to manage. Your body will be finding it hard to adjust after the holiday and may take some time to settle down. Sleep wise. I know mine is. Bikini sounds goos, sz 10 top is pretty impressive. Have a good weekend.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the hair cut and think it looks GREAT!!! and definately easy to manage!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Love the haircut.

Zero Coke is far too addictive.

Post the bikini shots :)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Lee-Anne said...

Glad you are back and look forward to catching up. Really love the hair. You look so happy and full of life and energy.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Lovely to read such an upbeat post - everyone seems to be much more positive at the moment, don't they?

4:51 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Love your hair!

So annoying when we don't get a good night's sleep. Happens to me quite often.

Yum that chicken looks SO nice!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Briony said...

That chicken DOES look good, now i'm hungry!
I am having a love affair with Coke Zero - wish i'd never discovered it.
Have a great Friday, a lovely walk tonight and a fabbo weekend!
Bri

9:42 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

WOW a bikini. How fantastic. At least share a photo of the bikini sans the body so we can all see that such an amazing piece of clothing actually exists.

You sound and look great - looking forward to your trip to Sydney :D

3:23 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Sleep deprivation is a killer. I am going through that now and have been for over a month. You just can't think straight but it sounds like you are certainly managing better than me! I hope you get a decent nights sleep soon enough.

Congratulations on finding a bikini too that suits you! I've been looking too. One day you'll have to show us...even if it's just sitting on the bed :-)

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home