Sunday, January 15, 2006

Another great day !

Woke up this morning and the weather was just beautiful so off the two of us set on our bikes. We did a completely different route to the one we normally do and boy, what a difference. While the hills weren't that bad - some of them were a lot longer than they appear to be when we are in the car. We got home and both decided that as we were feeling good we would continue further - so landed up back home after 22km feeling really good ! We jumped in the pool to cool off before K got out and started on her biscuit baking and I spent most of the morning in the pool - helping her through the kitchen window when she got stuck with what she had to do !!!

We had cheese and salad rolls for lunch and then went to Pure Zone to swop the pillow case and Bunnings to get paint samples. It was so hot in there that I picked up some colour charts and left. Got home and ices the biscuits before going over to some friends for help with my new look blog. It doesn't quite have everything in that I wanted but we ran out of time and it is better than what I had before I stuffed it all up !

Have just watched the end of the cricket - while I would have liked us to win I was pleased that SA won as I think they need the morale boosting more than we do !!!!! At one point I thought SA were going to toss the game anyway so was pleased when they managed to pull it out the hat.

We landed up having Subway for dinner which was fine with me and fitted in with my points for the day although I haven't counted the couple of biscuits that I have eaten but am sure that they won't amount to much given the size of them and the number of points I have saved anyway. Hopefully my weight will continue to be on the move downwards when I jump on the scales tomorrow morning - given that I have been making a concerted effort to count points this week I will be very disappointed if the results don't reflect the effort I have put in. But, seeing as I am not supposed to be obssessing about the scales, and my clothes are still all comfortable, I will be happy with whatever the scales say.

TFTD : One sees great things from the valley, only small things from the peak.

TIAGF : A lovely weekend (which would have been made better only by sharing it with Al)

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

What a fabulous amount of exercise!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You are doing so well Linda. And as long as you stay on your bike (unlike Al - hope he is feeling OK today) you will do fine.

Well done to SA. It was a good game, once we got over the shock of Australia falling over so quickly. It's nice to get a shake up too, makes it more interesting to watch.

Hope you have a great day Linda :D

7:56 AM  
Blogger Briony said...

Well done SA - I find cricket so boring but DH loves it (of course).
You are doing an enormous amount of exercise, well done Linda.
Have a beautiful day, hope you got a great night's sleep!
Bri

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

hey u! wow, the hair is funky in my opinion!!! I see you are back to regualr posting too! and seems like you are well on track! good stuff :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Well done on the bike riding. Yum, I LOVE subway.

Love your hair too! I need to get the courage to go to a new hairdresser and try something different. I get scared (just like going to the Dentist) when I go to get my hair cut!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great/productive day!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

What a great way to spend your Saturday! You are sounding great and I am really looking forward to meeting you in February.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home