Sunday, January 29, 2006

Great Sunday

We had a great day today. Woke up this morning and the two of us lay in bed chatting for quite a long time - actually, we only got up when Al called to say that he was awake to chat to us before we went out. What a great way to start the day !!!

We were going to cycle but it was so windy that we decided to walk instead - an hour later we had finished our walk and came home to have a swim before getting dressed and going down to the Carrara markets. Had a 2 hour wander around there before stopping off at Spotlight and wandering around there for another hour.

We got home after that and finished off the chores for the weekend and got things ready for the new week. Then I was going to cook the chicken on the gas BBQ but couldn't get the gas to stay on - phoned Al and chatted to him about it but I was doing what I was supposed to - the gas just kept on switching off so I landed up grilling the chicken in the oven - it was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be making it again. Luckily I had done 9 pieces of chicken so we will be able to have it later on in the week (YAY - one or two nights I will just have to cook veggies !!)

The recipe is out the Mix and Match Cookbook :
Glazed Chicken Thighs
1/2 bottle tomato pasta sauce
2 TBS red wine vinegar
2 TBS honey
2 TBA hoisin sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 cloves garlic crushed (I didn't use this)
8 skinless chicken fillets

1. Combine all ingredients in bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours (I made it on Friday night and left it marinading until tonight)
2. Take chicken out of marinade and grill
3. Stir remaining marinade over medium heat until reduced by half. Brush over chicken once cooked

I've spoken to Al a couple of times today and so that has been good - I can't believe that he still has over 3 weeks until he gets home - why, oh why does the time seem to be going so slowly for him to get home but so fast for everything else ?????

Anyway, it is now far too late for me to rambling on here - have a great week everyone and take care !

4 Comments:

Blogger Briony said...

That chicken sounds nice - i'll have to try it out. Glad you had a nice Sunday. Hope the next three weeks goes fast for you.
Bri

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

hmm that chicken does sound good & yay for now only having to cook veges, u could make it even easier & do salad!
You sound so happy, yay for Al coming home soo soon!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

The chicken dish sounds like a good one. I wonder if I can make it vego? Will have to try the tofu again LOL. Have a great week!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

It is so lovely that you and your dear daughter get on so well.

Hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home