Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Two fantastic days

Well my journey is, once again, under way. I have had two really good days with even having some water to drink today - go Me !!!! I am going to try the "Finish a couple of glasses of water before having a Coke Zero" - that is how I got the two glasses in today. Not as much as it should be but at least it was a start.

Food has been good - I have been tracking everything that has gone into my mouth. Last night we had friends over for dinner - BBQ chicken, potato, butternut and peas and they brought lemon cheesecake from the Cheesecake Shop for dessert. I was very proud of myself for not having any !!!

Today I popped into Coles while I was out dropping the banking off and, for the first time in I don't know how long, I walked out without a chocolate, a packet of biscuits, a packet of chips or anything apart from a Coke Zero !!! Yay - go Me again !

I guess if I can continue to take this journey one day at a time, I will eventually get there. I know it isn't going to happen overnight but it will happen. Anne (sorry I can't remember how to add the hyper link to Anne's blog but this is the address if you would like to read about her experience http://annesbattletogoal.blogspot.com/) tells the story of how she saw herself in a video and got her mojo back because she didn't want to go back to looking like that - well I had a similar thing happen but in reverse. We bought one of those boxes that has photos on the outside and a whole heap of little photo albums inside and so we pulled out the photos albums we have going back 30 odd years. Not that I had ever really forgotten how thin I used to be - I think I just chose not to remember (especially since I put all the weight on while pregnant). K wanted to know what illness A and I had in the photos as we were so thin we must have been sick !!!! Needless to say, I will never ever get to that weight again but I know that I can get a lot lower than what I am right now - and that is my mission this year - along with going back to studying and changing my career path.

Have a great week everyone, take care and look after yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home