Saturday, February 24, 2007

Where has the time gone to ?

I knew that it had been a while between posts - I just didn't realise how long it had been !!!

Things have been so hectic with me - between long hours at work plus trying to keep on top of things at home - I am totally exhausted. The good thing is that the new computer system is in - very frustrating at times but it is in. Now, if they could just stop having to reboot it 3 or 4 times a day - things would be really dandy. I went into work today as I had to get the accounts ready for the auditors on Monday - there are two jobs which I didn't get to (well actually I chose not to do them because I was over working on a Saturday and wanted to get home !) but I can do them first thing on Monday morning and then I will be ready to tackle February's accounts.

My water drinking has slipped a little lately - more Coke Zero's than water but I figured that so long as it doesn't disappear altogether, I'll be OK. Will make a concerted effort this week to getting back to drinking at least 2 glasses of water for each CZ.

I have been very proud of my exercise achievements - I have exercised more days than not and, even when I have been tired, I have got on the treadmill for at least 20 mins (this was one day that I just couldn't do anymore). I was talking to a friend of mine last night and we were saying how we 'trick' ourselves into going a bit further before stopping our exercise - whether it is to the end of the ad break or the next ad break or rounding up the calories or the time or the distance - it really is amazing how you can keep going sometimes long after you think you can't carry on.

I had a lovely surprise today when I rang M for a chat - I got 3 for the price of 1 - I got to talk to M, Mary and CKK - what a great surprise and such an uplifting experience. It didn't matter that we hadn't spoken for a while - it was just like picking up where we left off previously. I felt very happy and light on my way home from work - thank you guys for being there and for chatting and boosting me with your happiness. I'm just sorry that you had to have the non-trapeze BBQ in the first place (and even more sorry that I couldn't share it with you) !!!!!

Tomorrow we are off to the Travel Expo on the GC to see if we can better the prices we have for the tickets to Canada - hopefully we will be able to finalise these soon as I really want to know WHEN we are going - once the tickets are booked it will become so much more real I'm sure. I picked up the Lonely Planets guide to San Francisco today so will be taking that to bed just now - if it is as good as the other LP guides, we will definitely be buying it before we leave. Am not sure about Canada as we are going to be staying with friends and I am sure they will have all the inside info on what we should see and where we should go.

I hope that you are all having a great weekend - take care and look after yourselves !

3 Comments:

Blogger CaramelKitKat said...

Hello again! It was so nice to chat to you this evening. I got off the phone and thought 'Gee I really don't comment on Linda's blog enough' but then rethought and decided that it's far nicer that I do not HAVE to in order for us to pick right up with each other.

I hope you got all your work in order and that the boss-woman calls in sick with some mysterious illness for the next five months!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Chris H said...

I also trick myself into staying on the exercycle/treadmill longer by saying "just for one more song to finish" or when I have counted 100 more cars drive by... if it works, use it! Have a great weekend.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

YAY it was GREAT to talk to you at M's the other night. Wish you lived in Sydney!! Hope you having a really nice weekend and NOT working this time :-)

x

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home