Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Feeling a little flat today

It isn't anything serious - just not feeling quite as excited and
motivated as I have been the last couple of days. It is probably the
result of feeling a little over-whelmed with work at the moment -
every night I go home and my "In Box" is over flowing (not literally
as it is all work which has to be done on the computer). I was
pleased to read in "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" last night that
nobody will ever die with an empty "In Box" and, while I don't want my
"In Box" to be empty every day (although it would be nice), I wouldn't
mind if there wasn't quite so many pressing issues which had to be
addressed in it ! The good thing is that I know that I am not the
only one in this situation and it is just a case of taking it one day
at a time and working through what I can - just like my life style
change and my new eating and drinking habits. I know that I will feel
a lot happier once I am just a little more on top of things - I just
need to be patient.

My eating is still great and my water intake has been really good. I
am very pleased with my efforts on that front. Last night at pilates
I made my appointment for my equipment pilates session (tomorrow night
at 5.30) so that will be something to look forward to. Tonight we are
off to the chiropractor and then I have to do some shopping for dinner
- maybe a stir fry ?

When I get home I will be doing some more work on the treadmill -
haven't decided how far but if I have enough time, it will be a 7km
walk. Then it will be off to work and another day done and closer to
the weekend. I am sure that there will come a time when I actually
look forward to stepping onto the treadmill - at the moment I am only
doing it because I know that it is good for me and because I need to
do it - I'm waiting for the day I get changed and get on there because
I want - THAT will be the turning point of my exercise regime. Once
again, I have to remember to be patient - this weight didn't all pile
on in one day so I really can't expect it to come off in one day (as
nice as that would be !!!)

Having just made the above comment, I have been thinking about how I
let myself put all this weight back on again. Was it because I never
really SAW myself when I was in front of the mirror ? At what point
did I stop sneaking glances into windows when I walked past them ?
How could I have not noticed that the kilos were creeping back on ?
Or, was it just that I was completely absorbed with everything else
happening in my life that I just never looked ? Whatever the reason,
I would like to think that next time I will be a little more vigilant
when I get to goal and as those numbers start to creep - get back on
the programme a lot sooner.

Today is a new day and I am going to continue to treat each day as
such - if I mess up one day, it is not going to have a snowball effect
into the next day and the day after that. The slate is wiped clean
each night when I go to bed so that I can wake up and tackle each new
day, one day at a time. With this plan to work to, I know that I will
get back to goal. I'm not putting any time limit on when this will
happen - there have been too many times in the past when I haven't
reached goals and been disappointed because of that. I know that
goals need to be measureable and my goal is 500g per week. If I
achieve that - great. If I don't, (for whatever reason) I commit to
continuing with my lifestyle change and seeing the results in later
weeks.

I hope you all have a fantastic week - take care and look after yourselves.

TFTD : Be true to your work, your word and your friends

TIAGF : The beautiful weather we are having

1 Comments:

Blogger CaramelKitKat said...

Happy New Year!

Funny you should mention how you put weight back on as I was just thinking about this the other day. You have lost weight, so know how to do it and that it is possible, yet you feel and see yourself getting bigger and do nothing about it - it makes no sense. I think I chocked it - and way more - back on because I saw it as reverting to type. While I still get shocked now and then about how fat I am (ridiculous, I know), I do/did still see myself as fat and fat people put on weight. Does that make sense?

Hope you get the inbox sorted, let me know if you find a secret to getting it empty.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home