Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another good day

I am feeling a lot better today - maybe that has something to do with
the fact that my boss isn't in !!!! It is so hard to get used to
working with someone else - I worked with my previous boss at 3
different companies so I knew how she thought and how she liked things
done. This one isn't as easy !!! But, like everything else, I'll get
there eventually.

We had a really busy evening last night - left work a little early,
got K and off to the chiro while Al went to the pool shop. My back is
not doing as well as it should but I wasn't expecting her to say
anything else so that was OK. Up to the shops to get dinner -
couldn't find what I had planned so fell back on the trusted BBQ
chicken thighs. Got home - Al put the fire on and I made some mash,
zucchinis and carrots. Then a quick 1.5km/7kph on the treadmill
before dinner was ready. Sat down to eat and then had to do some
paperwork - finished getting that all scanned and sent and the hopped
back on the treadmill for another 1.6km/7kph before having a quick
shower and then into work. Thank goodness I can take my iPod to work
- I don't know how I used to manage without it !!!

This is definitely a new Me now - while I had wanted to do 7km last
night, when I realised I was going to run out of time, I just hopped
on and did what I could - 3.1km is definitely better than nothing. The
old Me would have said - I can't do the 7km as I don't have time, so I
won't bother and I would have sat in front of the TV like a couch
potato - long may it last !!!!!!!!! While I still didn't actually
enjoy the walk, the time passed quicker than I thought because I had
the TV on and watched Oprah and the news and then that Christine show
while I walked. Tonight sees me at my first equipment pilates session
(as opposed to a mat session) and I can't wait - I wish I was on my
way there already !!!

I am a little disappointed that even with this exercise, I am still
not sleeping very well. Monday night I last looked at the clock at
2.30am and then wouldn't let myself look anymore as I just start to
get anxious when I can't fall asleep. Last night I got up at about
2am and went through and watched some tennis (they were showing
replays of some the games played during the day) and finally went to
bed at about 3am - needless to say, I woke up feeling not that flash
this morning. The day hasn't been too bad - although it does normally
only hit me at about 3.30 in the afternoon.

TFTD : When friends stop being frank and useful to each other, the
whole world loses some of its radiance.

TIAGF : Getting on that treadmill and doing what I had time to do

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I think it's great that you got on the treadmill and walked what you could anyway. I have read so many times since blogging how people don't have time to exercise but you CAN fit something in if you really want I reckon. You prove that! How was the pilates equipment?

2:43 PM  
Blogger Julie's Journey said...

SometimesI think the world is full of women who dont sleep well anymore, me included. Well done on the treadmill though. You're right sitting on the couch would have been easier but not as satisfying. Good stuff.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home