Thursday, January 25, 2007

A long weekend to look forward to

The good news for me is that the scales have moved down a little since
Tuesday when they didn't move at all. I have continued to do what I
know I should and, as M very kindly pointed out to me, 12 squares of
chocolate is not the end of the world, it just means that my journey
is 12 squares of chocolate longer. What a great way to look at it and
a thought process I am going to be using in the future - do I want to
prolong my journey by that dessert or that ice-cream or that chocolate
- Thanks for the M !!!!

Last night I got home from work just before 8pm and hopped straight
onto the treadmill - I did have to ask Al if the exercise would ever
get any easier and if I would EVER look forward to exercising - he
just smiled and looked at me, knowing that it was a rather loaded
question and taking the safest option of not saying anything !! But,
I managed 3,2kms on the treadmill before I sat down to dinner so that
was good. I am looking forward to my equipment pilates session this
evening although I have heaps to do apart from that - I need to go to
the library to get some books for the weekend - have shopping to do
and of course, have to pack. My Mom asked me last week if I knew what
food we were taking etc - not bloody likely - I wasn't even thinking
about going away never mind planned what I am going to take !!!!!

My food intake has been good - thankfully the chocolate which Al had
bought is now finished. While he is good about supporting my efforts
- we have had the conversation where I have said that I don't think he
and K should have to do without because I am trying to lose weight.
When he buys chocolate he normally leaves it in the outside fridge
which I don't go into very often and so never know that it is there -
this time it was in the inside fridge which is why I could hear it
calling me so clearly !!!!!

I hope all the Australian readers have a wonderful Australia Day long
weekend - I am looking forward to 3 days away from home - at a lovely
resort. Hopefully the weather will be good to us - mind you, if I get
some decent books form the library, it won't matter what the weather
does anyway. Plus, we will always go out driving even if it is
raining.

TFTD : We are not the same persons this year as last, nor are those we
love. It is a happy chance if we changing, continue to love a changed
person.

TIAGF : Looking forward to a long weekend


I

4 Comments:

Blogger CaramelKitKat said...

She's so wise, that M. That's an excellent approach, very healthy both mentally and physically.

Our poor fellas, Al is not the only one forced to take the silent approach. Some days I need encouragement, other days I don't want the boy to mention it, and look out if he does. Now, he just needs to work out which days are which and we'll both be happy ;oP.

Have a brilliant time at the resort, it sounds like bliss.

Happy Australia Day!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Julie's Journey said...

A small holiday at a resort - sounds wonderful. M is indeed very wise - I will try to remember her words next time I hear little voices calling out "eat me"!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

M's a pretty damn good friend to have around :-) Chocolate...well can I let you know that I have been eating Dan's Caramel Swirl Icecream!! I can't deny him either and I know how hard it is to resist but lucky he doesn't buy it all the time. I like the outside fridge idea. Will have to get Dan to hide his junk too.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

At least you got your butt on the treadmill after eating that chocolate. I had the same amount of chocolate but no treadmill. Shame on me.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home