Saturday, June 10, 2006

A great time

Have had a great weekend so far - depsite the Melbourne weather we had today !!!! Michelle arrived and we had a great evening last night - dinner went well with none of my experiments back-firing on me ! It was great catching up with her and Al and K were pleased to have met one of my cyber-space friends. I think that Al now realises that most of us in this forum are really just normal everyday people and that we don't walk around with two heads on our shoulders !!! I think he still sometimes wonders what it is all about but is happy if it keeps me happy.

Last night it started to rain and I think we had some steady rain during the night (I had a really good sleep which was fantastic as I have been sleeping really badly lately). This morning we woke up to quite heavy rain. Having made arrangements to meet Michelle for a walk this morning I got up wondering what we would do. Then I remembered the conversation I had with M during the week where she told me about the walks she had done in the rain and I really didn't feel like I could, legitimately, say that I couldn't walk because it was raining. Got to Michelle and it was spitting a bit - dropped my bag off in her room and we were on our way. 2 1/2 hours (and approx 16kms later) we were back at the hotel again - with not a drop of rain falling while we were out - thank you Gold Coast for holding the rain off for us !

Got changed and went to Harbourtown where we had some lunch before Michelle went to wander around a little and Al came to fetch me.

Had some left overs from last night for dinner tonight - am now off to have a nice soak in the bath with my book (which I am battling to put down) - hopefully my feet will feel a little better once I am out the bath. I landed up wearing two pairs of socks to work tonight because the soles of my feet are feeling a little tender after the marathon walk (well marathon for me anyway whose longest walk was the 35mins at work the other day).

Congratualtions to Kellee and Tom on the birth of Toby yesterday morning - looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Have a great long weekend to everyone in Australia and have a great weekend to everyone else ! Be good and take care.

6 Comments:

Blogger Briony said...

Glad you had a good time with Michelle. Can't believe how far you walked. I bet you gas bagged the whole way too!
Hope you're having a nice relaxing rest of the weekend.
Bri

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great effort and glad the rain held off for the walk.

Hoping your having a great weekend also!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

It sounds like we have Melbourne weather all around the country *brrr*!

It's great to hear you caught up with Michelle and hey, what did you make? Do you have photos? :-) LOL and great to hear Al and K met Michelle also. Yep, blogger friends are *normal* people too.

Enjoy the long weekend!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Glad you had a nice time with Michelle. Well done to both of you on all that walking.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Yaaaaay - way to go on your walk Linda. You and Michelle both. It is so hard to motivate yourself when you think you might get wet but look what you did, and how the weather turned out. How pi$$ed off would you have been had you not gone. Well done..

And whooo hooo for Kellee. Just checked her blog and there was nothing but now I will go and drop her a line. How excitement :D

Have a great day Linda. Hope your feet are feeling better.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

wow, what a walk! sounds lke u had a great wknd :)
have a fabulous week!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home