Monday, May 29, 2006

Thank you to everyone

Well it is the start of a new week today and while I am not overly confident of just how ‘back on track’ I am, I am definitely more back on track than I have been for quite a while. Thank you to everyone for the hands stretched down to help me up, the kicks in the butt to get me moving and the general heave ho that you have sent me – they are all VERY much appreciated. While we all know that we have to be in the right head space to achieve what we want to, the helping hands along the way certainly do make it that much easier.

I haven’t actually got the whole day’s meals planned, I do know that what I have brought to work will be enough to get me through the day – I don’t NEED that muffin from the bakery down the road so I plan to stay away from there because when I walk past sometimes the smell is just to much for me and I land up walking in and buying something – not because I need it but just because I want it.

Al and I went for a good cycle on Saturday morning which was great – it has been a long time since I have done any exercise and it was good to get out there. We dropped the bikes off to get them serviced on the way home as we both felt that they were in need of a check-up so hopefully the cycle this Saturday will be better.

While I don’t know if I can post everyday, I need to get back to being accountable for what I am doing (or not doing) so I am going to try to make it on here more frequently than I have been lately – even if it is just to say “I had a good day yesterday” – which hopefully will be more often than the “Oh dear, stuffed up again” !!!!!

TFTD : It isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others – sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

TIAGF : Being back on track (sort of !!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Yum, muffins. I've been making my own and bringing them to work for play lunch - much healthier than the shop ones. The secret is to freeze them straight away so you don't eat the whole lot when they come out of the oven :)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

Good to see you back!

Good luck avoiding those muffins! I have the same problem when I go to the gym. Unfortunately there is a fish and chips shop next door and the greasy, fatty smell creeps in! I CAN'T STAND FISH AND CHIPS!But the smell is so so tempting!

Have a great week!
Michelle
(michellehappydays.blogspot.com)

1:28 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

Hey honey, give yourself a break. I think you're being too hard on yourself. No matter how much advice we get on our blogs, on the phone or by email - the only one that can get you back on track is you. You will do it when you're ready. It happens to the best of us, but we always bounce back. Nevertheless here is your kick in the butt from me (*kick*)!!!
Hope you have a better week this week sweetie.
Bri

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

oh, im sooo glad u are back! we are here for you!! :)

6:44 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I think starting off with the small plans and working up to the bigger ones when you have a few days under your belt is the way to go. Today has been the first day on plan for me for many days and I plan to take my own advice this time.

It isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others – sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself. This is a wonderful TFTD and one that I shall remember. Thanks Linda xx

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!

So glad to read your latest post, I was really missing you :(

Hoping all is well and that you have a terrific week!

8:25 PM  
Blogger philippa_moore said...

Welcome back! I've been missing you!

I'm with you on the needing to get back to being accountable! It's easy to let things slide for a while. You do notice that you don't feel as good as you used to though.

I know you can do this!! Give yourself as much time as you need. And you're right, it's great if you can say "I had a good day yesterday" - here's hoping you have a whole week of good days and beyond!

Take care darl xx

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home