Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Can do it

Well another of my “C” words – CAN ! Yes, I can do this !!!! Yesterday I went for my walk at lunch time – the weather was just beautiful and I have to say that as I was walking along the Broadwater (I had my phone but have no idea how to get the photos off of it) I wondered why I hadn’t got off my butt before to do this. Never mind, I will be doing it a lot more frequently from now on (just not today or tomorrow as I have other appointments to get to).

Not only did I go walking yesterday but I drank some water – not 2L but 1L which is better than nothing and given that I probably haven’t had any water for about 2-3 months, I was pleased that I made a start with it again.

My work pants were feeling a lot more comfortable today which is good – I said to a friend the other day, the one thing I don’t want to do is get those bigger size pants out the bottom of the spare cupboard – thank goodness I have been spared that.

On Monday I bought myself a jacket / coat from Target – they had their 25% discount plus I got my staff discount so landed up paying $51 odd for it. I bought a lovely black corduroy jacket from Crazy Clark’s ($10) the first year we were here and it has done really well – it still looks good but it is far to big for me now. I wanted to post a picture but can’t find it on their website – yes I could get someone to take a photo and post that, but that isn’t going to happen given how un-photogenic I am !!!! So, for now all I can say is that it is black, hip length and has buttons up the front – and it is really cozy !!!!!!

My food yesterday was good – I did have a WW dessert (apple and cinnamon) while watching CSI but I figure that so long as I count it in my points for the day, it is OK. I haven’t given myself any goals to work to for sugar points – will just try to keep to the 14 sugar points for the week and see how I go. I think that it should only take me a couple of weeks of tracking everything I put into my mouth, getting back into the exercise and making the right food choices to lose these extra kilos that have crept on – then it will be back to the whole maintenance merry-go-round again !!!

Take care everyone and have a great day !

TFTD : You don’t get to change how you are going to die, or when. You can only decide how you are going to live now.

TIAGF : Sunny days

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Yay, sounds like you are doing really well over the past few days - it's great to hear you sounding positive and happy - long may it continue for you! :-)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

I'm so glad to hear you sounding more positive. You sound like you've got your 'mojo' back honey! Well done. Keep up the great work and that little bit of weight will be gone in no time.
Bri

3:23 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a great walk. You will have to learn a little about your phone technology or get a small digital camera so we can see your lovely area. You sound so good Linda. And in a few days you will be back to yourself and ready to tackle the next step. Well done.

I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow :D

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home