Thursday, June 15, 2006

Go the Maroons !!!!!

What a great game of league last night. We saw the first half before going to work and then watched the second half when we got home at 1.15am. I wondered (aloud) if we should fast forward to the end to see if it was worthwhile staying up to watch but we decided to do the 'sit on the edge of your seat' thing until the end of the second half ! It was great that we won - and so convincingly. This sets it up for a great third game in Melbourne - GO THE MAROONS !!!!

Last night before the game I went to the hairdresser - haven’t been for about 6 weeks as I have decided to grow my hair (again !!) so have had it cut into a short bob and that way it can all grow down together. Got home, watched the game and off to work. That wasn’t bad except that this morning Al woke up with his left eye as red and irritated as anything. I had a look and could see something (which has turned out to be an ulcer) on his iris. The long and the short of it is that after 4 hours of waiting, driving around and filling out forms, he is now at home and we have to go back to the dr tomorrow morning for them to take the patch off and see if the ointment has worked.

As we left Coles, we stopped to get something to drink and we both picked up a chocolate to eat - was it comfort food, was it because I was frustrated at how long it had all taken, was it out of habit, was it because I was hungry, was it all of these reasons ? I think it was probably a bit of all of these reasons and really none of them warranted a Boost bar that I hadn’t factored into my day. Can I do something about this - of course I can. Will I do something about - maybe I will. Right now I am off to have my sandwich (which Al made this morning) and then the second half of the run around will begin as I had to get K from school, home and into work by 4pm. Hopefully once I have had my lunch I will feel a little better and can get my eating back on track. I have a dreadful headache which I can take something for once I have eaten - then will have a short lie down before going for K.

I hope you all have a great day - take care and be good !!!


6 Comments:

Blogger Kt said...

ohh, good luck with growing your hair! hope al is better soon too, sounds a litle painful.
/never mind the boost bar, easily turned around :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I would love to see a photo of your hair when you get the chance. Is it still red?

I have finally set up bloglines so knew you finally posted something about the Maroons. Knew you wouldn't be able to keep quiet about such a thumping win. Congrats.

And *ouch* for Al's eye. Hope it is something that will go away on its own. Doesn't sound too pleasant at all.

You'll work out a way to get rid of that boost. Perhaps if you get another one you have to cut it up in tiny pieces. Put it on a plate on the ground. Then do push ups over it and take a piece on each down ward journey. That way you will be burning it off as you eat it LOL. Naaah I wouldn't do it either ;D

Have a great afternoon x

1:25 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Sorry to hear about Als eye. Hope the ointment has worked. And 1kg loss, may have something to do with that walk you did on Sat? Guess I need to make it a regular event.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

I love M's idea to work off that boost bar!!

Hope Al's eye is feeling better:)

1:30 PM  
Blogger CaramelKitKat said...

Poor Al! Sorry, I have to ask: Is he wearing a patch? And if so, have you given him a pirate's name for the duration?

Growing your hair, eh? Not that longer hair won't suit, but I you're one of those fortunate people suited to short hair and I can't picture you with a bob...any chance of a pic? You can do it incognito, like me, if you want ;o).

How's that, having the SoO 3rd match in Melbourne. I wonder how many of the sepctators will be native and how many have travelled? I used to work at the Telstra Dome and Melbourne Storm games ran at a huge loss, I don't know of anyone who follows them. I'm still dark on the fact that the Union powers that be gave Perth a team over Melbourne. Sure, Perth has a ready made supporter base (courtesy of South Africa ;oP), but if rugby is going to make inroads, it needs to conquer Melbourne and it cannot do that without a team. Until then I will have to stick with the Brumbies *sigh*.

Hope you have a great weekend, you WILL bounce back. Take it one step at a time.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Cinders said...

Hope Al's eye is better. I hate to think what I would've turned to after a 4 hour wait and being stuffed around. I hope you have a great week.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home