Thursday, June 02, 2005

Absolutely buggered ....

Yesterday I dashed home at lunch time to see K who was obviously still not well as she spent the 40 minutes that I was at home with her just curled up firstly on my lap and then just snuggled next to me – boy was it hard to leave her and go back to work. Anyway, she is now feeling much better and went off to school this morning. Will just see how she goes.
Had a rushed night last night – had to go to the shops to get some groceries and more medicine for K straight after work and then went to the hairdresser. Screamed home from there and had dinner – thank goodness there were enough left overs so I didn’t have to cook anything – plus I had veggies – woooohoooooooo (didn’t have much water and am not doing too well on the water front today – will have to try to get back on track with that soon !) We sat and watched NCIS from Sunday and then I remembered that I hadn’t had any exercise so I jumped into the spare room and had a session on the gym – I can definitely feel the difference and some of the exercises that I used to battle with I am doing a lot more easily now (so will have to change the settings on the gym to make it hard again !!) and then when I was finished I did some of the pilates leg exercises. That took me up to the time to leave for work – wasn’t a big load last night and so we all worked 9-12 but then got home, had a shower and got into bed and read until about 1.45 before switching the light off. Looked at the clock – 2.10am, then 2.30am, then 2.55am, then 3.10am, then 3.25am, then the last time I looked it was 3.50am – by then I was getting really anxious (which isn’t conducive to getting ANY sleep) but I must have dozed off because I landed up waking up just before the alarm went off later.
Anyway, have got all my food at work so hopefully if I keep snacking away (within my points) I will be able to stay awake long enough to get home and have a snooze after I have had my work out on the gym !!!Last night was a real battle at work – I normally pack in aisle 5 which is the biscuit / tea / coffee / sugar aisle and, because we always eat before we go, it generally isn’t a problem. Last night I did all the chocolate biscuits and it was just awful – I could just about taste each bloody biscuit as I packed it !!!! I was really glad to get home to my trusty DP and nut bar. I was on 14 points for the day and so my nut bar took me to the required 17 points for the day but when I was in bed I was thinking that I really didn’t need to have eaten the nut bar as I wasn’t all that hungry – think it was more a habit thing (need to try to break that cycle before it leads back to the biscuits when we get home from work !!!)
Haven’t heard from K at school so hopefully she is fine and I will see her at home this afternoon.
Take care everyone and have a great day !

TFTD : The harder you work, the more luck you seem to have.

7 Comments:

Blogger Leighanne said...

Good on you for doing the gym before work:)
Hope Kaitlin is feeling better!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wfoar, I would find it so hard to do your job! Especially *handling* the packets. Good on you for not giving into temptation and great to hear your daughter's on the mend :-)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Ohh biscuits!! I have a packet of boring old superwines in the cupboard and even they are tempting me at the moment! Hope you get a better sleep tonight and hope Kaitlin is feeling better soon.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

What a job!
Thankyou so much for your kind words on my blog
Take Care

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biscuits is the one thing that I could still get stuck into! Good on you for staying on track. Hope Kaitlin is getting better. Have a great weekend!

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee most people with your schedule would use it as an excuse not to exercise..but not you!!!
I'm so proud of the committment you have to fitting it in no matter what...good for you!
I've been up since 5am today - can't sleep so thought I get some inspiration doses from you and the others....mission accomplished...thanks!! :)
Hope K is better today.

Cheers P
http://paulenesjournaljourney.homestead.com/paulene.html

6:27 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I can just imagine people picking up the chocolate biscuit packets saying "why is this packet all wet?" LOL Well just think of them putting all those biscuits on their hips and you leaving yours behind in the gym.. You are doing so well - and sounding heaps more positive and motivated. Sad that you didn't get much sleep though..

Have a good weekend :)

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home