Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Thank you ..

for all the motivating and helpful comments, the support and the e-mails sent to me yesterday and today.

I did go to weigh last night - and put on 0.9kg which I was really really annoyed about especially as my electronic scales showed a gain of 0.2kg (but that is a whole other story). At least I had faced the scales and when I got home Kaitlin (who turns 13 on Thursday) asked me how I had gone (as she does every week) and when I told her she said "Well it is better than putting on 1kg" - not really what I wanted to hear I have to say but so positive coming from her. I said that I was packing it all in as it was just too hard and I was tired of counting points and always watching what I ate (and when I didn't watch what I eating feeling guilty about what I was eating). She was really concerned about how I felt and whether or not I was going to carry on with WW and I said that I wasn't. After a while she said that she would like to help me (she has a lovely figure and certainly doesn't need to be on WW as we all eat pretty much the same healthy food) and that she would stop asking for biscuits and lollies when we were out shopping. I said that I didn't think it was fair for her and Alan not to have things they liked in the cupboards because I couldn't control myself and she replied that if it would help me she wouldn't mind. Then she asked Al if he would mind - of course he said he wouldn't .

Well, I still wasn't really convinced that I should carry on with the journey (how dumb was that when I have the two people closest to me wanting to help ???? - maybe I lost some of my brain cells with the last kg that I lost !!!) - we landed up working from 8pm - 1am last night so I had plenty of time to think about how I was feeling yesterday and how mad I was about the gain and how supportive K & A were of what I was trying to accomplish and I came to the conclusion that 10.7kg was a lot of weight to put back on again - and I can bet that it would be more before I would decide that enough is enough.

So, I have decided to pick myself up and get back on track - mentally I don't feel quite as in control as what I was last week but I figure if I continue to write down what I eat that is part of the battle. We have another hectic week on our hands so apart from Pilates tonight I probably won't get much structured exercise in - will try to do some extra walking at night around the aisles !!

Thank you so much to everyone for all their support - this is the time when I normally just toss the whole thing in and think "It's too hard and I can't be bothered anymore" so if nothing else - at least keeping this journal has enabled me to get back on track and continue the journey to the new me.

You guys are all such special people - thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Take care everyone, be good and have a great day !

TFTD : Keep your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

(Thank you Paulene for pointing this thought out to me !!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I'm so glad you didn't chuck it all in! This is exactly why we all have these journals - there is an incredible network of support on here and you need to utilise it. You will get back on track and bust up that gain in no time. We all do it but it's what you do after your gain or bad week that makes all the difference. What a lovely supportive daughter you have - shows how well you have raised her :D

8:10 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Kate has said it perfectly :-) You have a great support network and most importantly your family support you. This is great! Keep on tracking.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Your daughter is lovely and she is right. Don't chuck it in. You have started on your path and with support and some self-belief you will be able to go where you want to. It is good that you are already comfortable enough to lay it on the line. There are lots of us who are here to support and cajole :) and you can chose to take in whatever you want to. Have a good day :)

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home