Thursday, May 05, 2005

Hooray .....

we seem to have stopped the leak and now all we need to do is get the carpet dry !

I didn't get to work out on the gym last night - not enough time. Plus I thought that at least I was getting some form of exercise at work. (May have to use that as my exercise today as well as I think I am going to run out of time again !!!) Dashed home after work to get the leftovers organised for dinner before screaming off to the hairdresser. Screamed home after that and ate as we had to be at work before 8pm. Landed up working a really long shift (until 1am) got home and caught up on some e-mails before getting into bed. Again, it was a little difficult to get up this morning !!!

The good (well good and bad) news is that my rings are now getting too big for my fingers and my watch is slipping around the whole time - very annoying but oh, such a good feeling, knowing that I have to have been getting this weight loss thing right when I see these things happening.

Last night I stuck my hand onto a shelf to pull out some long pants to wear to work and when I opened them up (they had been folded) I started to laugh. Al came out from the bathroom to see what I was laughing at and I held the pants up for him - he asked me if I wanted to swim to work in them !! They are a size 20 AND I USED TO FIT INTO THEM !!!! That gave me a real kick - seeing them and knowing that they were far too big for me now.

During the evening while I was busy breaking down the one pallet, I started to think about those bloody Anzac biscuits again - I could actually taste them. From then on I couldn't think of anything except getting the shift finished and getting home to have 1 or maybe 2. By the end of work I think I was ready to eat whatever was in the biscuit barrel !!!! When we got home I was absolutely starving and thought - right, now for the Anzac biscuits and was heading that way when this little voice said "Do you REALLY need those biscuits ? And, more importantly, can you eat 2 and stop ?????" And, to be honest, I knew that if I opened the barrel and had 2 I would open the barrel again and have 3 or 6 or 10 or however many were there. So, I landed up having a nut bar (for 3 points) which took me to a total of 17 points (a low day on the Wendie Plan) and I went and had a shower and then headed to the computer room. Before I went to sleep I was lying in bed thinking to myself "At least you managed to change that thought re having a biscuit before it was too late" and felt really good about that choice. Maybe I am on the way towards changing how I see food and whyI eat the food that I do.

I have been very slack with water today - I had a glass with breakfast but that is as far as I have got !!!

Tonight we are off to the local mall as Kaitlin wants to have a look at some clothes and I need to do some grocery shopping, then it will be home to change and back to work again. Hopefully the load won't be as big and we will work our normal 3 hour shift - I can always dream, can't I ???

Take care everyone and have a great day !

My TFTD pretty much sums up my philosphy on life - I believe that life is too short to spend with people you don't want to be with or doing things you don't want to do. Now I do understand that there are things that have to be done no matter what, but when I have a choice, I don't want to make the choice to do something I don't want to just because it would make someone else happy.

TFTD : You live longer once you realise that anytime spent being unhappy is wasted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Good on you for resisting the biscuits!! That's a true sign that your thinking has changed. Yay for you.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

Thats great about the biscuits!!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home