Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Still wet ...

The saga with the wet carpets continues - much to Kaitlin's horror as she is now sleeping on her mattress on the floor in her old bedroom ! Al thinks that he has found where the water is leaking from so that is a plus. We have left the water turned on today as we found it when we got home from work this morning and after Al fiddled around with it we thought we would leave it and have a look when we got up for work this morning.

We landed up cutting the underlay and taking that outside onto the verandah to try to dry but I don't know what we will be able to do with the carpet - it is draped over broom sticks and crates trying to get it to dry !! Maybe we will have to look at an insurance claim but I don't really want to go down that route right now if I can help it.

On the food front, I had a good day yesterday. We made hamburgers and chips for dinner last night and that fitted in just right with my points so I was pleased about that. Pilates was good again and I managed to walk there and back without getting caught in the rain which was even better. I managed another 4 glasses of water yesterday but have only had 1 so far today - will try to up that this afternoon. But, am busy with sorting out FBT returns and it is driving me nuts as someone else was supposed to do it and they have made a right royal mess of it so I am having to go back over 12 months of expenses and sort them out - not my favourite past-time at the best of times and especially not when I am in the middle of month end !!!

On that note, had better get back to my spreadsheets. Take care everyone and have a great week !

TFTD : An effort made for the happiness of others lifts us above ourselves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I really like your thought of the day - I think it's so true. Sounds like you are doing really well with everything. It's good to have yummy things that feel 'naughty' like hamburgers and chips and still have them fit into your points. it's kind of like cheating legally or something.
Oh, don't know if anyone else has found this but when I post on your website I get an email saying that it can't send it to your mail or something?

6:57 PM  
Blogger a mummy losing it said...

FBT, ahhhh.

Hope you find the source of the wet carpet soon. And well done on your weight loss!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I love your thought for the day. When we step away from ourselves and do something purely for someone else, without any thought of gain or promise, it is just so uplifting.

Have fun with your FBTing.... :)

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home