Sunday, May 15, 2005

I survived

the teenage sleepover ! I think that the fact that they all slept over at one of the girls' houses the previous night meant they were all ready to go to sleep when we said it was later enough !!! They have all been really well behaved and it has been a pleasure having them - more chance that they will be invited back for another sleep over in the future !!!

Points wise I had a great day yesterday - as Kaitlin was with her friends and Al was helping his brother change a gate around, I went off for my weekly muffin fix by myself with my book ! I bumped into my parents at the centre to landed up having muffins with them - even better than sitting there and reading my book !!

Then popped in to see Al and when he was finished we came home - did a weeks worth of washing as I hadn't had a chance to do any during the week - Al cut the grass and before we knew it the girls had arrived. We chatted for quite a while with them - they had had a great evening the night before. While we were talking I got the lollies and chips our for them but I was very pleased to have low point alternatives for me. We worked from 5-8 instead of the normal 6-9 and then got some Subway on the way home as my folks had got some pizza for themselves and the girls earlier in the evening. They had cut the birthday cake and left us 1/4 cake - I had a little piece and was pleased that there wasn't any more to eat otherwise I would have been really tempted - it was a lovely light cake.

We watched a DVD when they woke up this morning and then they had pancakes for breakfast - I had the other half of my Subway and am taking that as a brunch meal ! I have also had a glass of water which for me is a step in the right direction as I only normally drink water at work.

We will be doing the taxi run just now to get everyone home and then I will be going to my folks place to help them unpack - their container arrived this week and they have spent the past three days trying to find place for the stuff they brought over !

Take care everyone, enjoy your Sunday and be good.

TFTD : There is no thrill in easy sailing when the skies are clear and blue, there's no joy in merely doing things which anyone can do. But there is some satisfaction that is might sweet to take, when you reach a destination that you thought you'd never make.

6 Comments:

Blogger Leighanne said...

Glad the sleepover went well - you should use some points emptying a container...good luck:)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

That's a great poem to end up with. Well done on surviving the slumber party - I am not sure I would even survive a single sleep over... Congrats on sticking to your eating plan. Cheers :)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You're another one of these inspirational people :-) I look forward to your TFTDs. Cheers.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Sounds like the sleepover was a great success! Good on you for only having a small piece of cake. I'm scared to have any in case I don't stop!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great that the sleep over went well. Loved the TFTD!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Me said...

For those who saw the comment from free webcam - I do apologise. I have deleted it but am not sure if there is a way that I can block them from posting any more comments. If anyone knows would they mind letting me know.

Thanks very much and take care !
Me

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home