Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I faced the scale

and was rewarded with a 0.3 loss - now I know (to take from someone else's blog) a loss is a loss is a loss BUT, IT ISN"T ENOUGH !!!! All that hard work for 0.3kg. Of course when I got home K was so excited that I had ANOTHER loss and told me that it was better than a gain - why oh why is this taking so long and such hard work. I am sure that everyone reading this feels the same - this is the place where I can whinge away and then get over it !!! Thanks guys !
SW : 86.1kg
CW L 75.1kg
GW : 67kg
Total loss : 11kg
I was going to speak to my leader about the difference in the scales (mine showed I had stayed the same from last week) but she wasn't in and the leader who fills in for her is really ditzy so I didn't land up staying. I was down to 74.4 (on my scales and 75.1 on WW scales) last night probably as a result of the dried apricots and 2L, yes you read right, 2L of water that I drank yesterday - cleaned the system right out (too much info I know - that was probably all my loss was anyway !!!). I have had just over 1L today - Al is now pouring me a glass of water to have with my breakfaast so that gets one lot of 375ml down before I even leave the house.
Thanks to all of you, I am not going to toss it all in because of a small loss when I expected a bigger loss, but will continue to see if maybe there is a bigger loss waiting for me next week. I was thinking about what someone had said about taking measurements (don't know when I last did that) and also listening to what people are saying about my weight loss - well they aren't saying anything - nobody has commented on the fact that I have lost 11kg - maybe because it is over such a long time nobody has really noticed - I don't know. But, what I do know is this, I started this weight loss journey FOR ME and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks - this is for me - to make me feel good about myself, to get some confidence in myself and be able to walk into stores and pick the clothes I want in the size that will fit, for me to be healthier and live longer and to be able to walk tall because I feel good. So, it is back to the grindstone again - planning as best I can, making more effort to fit in the exercise that I need and not make excuses about why I can't exercise, continuing to track whatever is put into my mouth and to stay focused on the mini goals I have set myself so that I don't lose my way while trying to aim too far into the future.
Take care everyone, be good and have a great day !

TFTD : It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

You can do it hon, I know you can. I've already sent you an email this morning but I really want you to know that I believe in you. You'll reach your goal and PLEASE put this in perspective with the kilos you've ALREADY lost. We certainly all have our off days/weeks but chin up and keep writing, tracking, exercising and eating well. It will pay off :-)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Morning Linda. After I read your post I scrolled through past posts and re-read your stats. To be honest I read them the first time but the loss did not sink in. I think that the fact you have already lost 11kgs speaks volumes for the effort you have put into your weight loss. It is fantastic. And I know that you don't need me to tell you that. That you know this yourself. But I wanted to say it. And I know that when you expect a huge loss that the small loss almost feels like a gain, but it's not. It is still a loss and one in the face of all you have gone through in the last week is to be congratulated.
Have a great day and make sure you are one of the species that responds to change. :)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even if you have several smaller losses like this on your journey - think positive - they all add up! Also you are losing - if you weren't trying to lose your weight could be steadily going up but it's going down! You are down this for all the right reasons and 11kg is sooooo good. Keep up the fantastic work.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

300 gms IS a great loss! I know sometimes it doesn't feel like it though. And one thing I found when I used to weigh in in the evenings, was on the days that I had drunk a lot of fluids.. my losses were smaller. Like my body couldn't get rid of the fluid fast enough to register the loss... does that make sense? I'm sure that if you keep up the great work you will get a great loss next week. Despite how you have been feeling, you are doing GREAT!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home