Friday, May 20, 2005

Another weekend upon us

Thank goodness it is Friday because I don't know if I would have been able to get through any more days at work !! My boss, who is actually a good friend of mine as this is the third company where we have worked together, is driving me mad today. Luckily she is off to Fiji with her boss for the whole of next week - what a peaceful office we will have !!!!
I have been dreadful with my water today - have only had 2 glasses - but I have had a can of DP and am busy drinking a 600ml bottle now !! Just couldn't face the thought of water today.
Points wise I have had a great week - ate my full points for the day yesterday - very unusual for me. Having said that I ate my full points yesterday, when I jumped on the scales this morning I was up from yesterday morning BUT I am not going to let that worry me as I know that it is just a 'volume of food consumed' thing and not an actual gain.
I am still trying to finish AJ's book - we worked a long shift again last night and so I couldn't read for too long - Al was fast asleep by the time I switched the light off but the good thing was I didn't take too long to fall asleep myself (not sleeping is one of the problems that I have and so for me to get more than 3-4 hours sleep a night is absolute bliss !)
I have got a curry chicken stir fry for tonight with veggies and noodles for Al and Kaitlin (I won't have the noodles as there are other things I would rather eat than use my points on noodles !!!) - tomorrow we were having friends around for afternoon tea but they can't make it now so it is just Al's brother (Danny) and sister-in-law (Heather) who will be coming for dinner. Think we will do a BBQ so that will be easy - now that it is cooler in the evenings I will just do a whole lot of different veggies with the meat and maybe some fresh rolls (H is also on WW) rather than salads which I really don't enjoy. Will have some WW desserts for us and will make a hot pudding for the guys and K.
On Sunday we are planning to take my folks to Brisbane to the Southbank markets to see if that is somewhere where they could maybe sell their placemats, tablecloths etc and we are also hoping to catch up with friends of ours Andrea and Kim - Kim has leukaemia and had a bone marrow transplant last year - he isn't doing very well at the moment and has had 3 heart attacks in the past couple of weeks. Andrea is coping as well as she can but we haven't seen them for ages and it would be lovely to see them again.
I am planning to have a great weekend food wise - will be getting onto the gym tonight before cooking dinner and then will definitely be on it at least once if not twice over the weekend. Yesterday morning when I woke up I could feel that I had definitely been doing something with muscles I had forgotten about - when I moved my arms to put my jumper on I knew all about it but today they are much better ! Long live the gym !!!!
Take care everyone - have a great weekend and remember to be good to yourselves - you deserve it !!!!!

TFTD : Perseverance is a great element of success. If you only knock long enough and loud enough at the gate, you are sure to wake up somebody.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Sounds like you have planned out your weekend really well. That's great! It sure helps to be in control, helps you feel in control too. Have a great weekend! I love that 'i can feel my muscles have been working' feeling!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You've got me interested in that AJ book now. Will check it out on Amazon. You are doing really well Linda :-) Thanks for your very kind comments the past couple of days. I think I may appear stronger than I am.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home