Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Another good day

Well after feeling really miserable earlier this week I am back to feeling in control and on top of the world (hate this roller coaster ride that happens - must try to even it out a little) - yesterday I managed to get in my 2L of water - which is just bloody fantastic for me ! I hve had just over 1 1/2L today so am sure that I will be able to get the other 500ml down before tonight.
I was thinking earlier that I would love to be able to bottle my 'high and in control' feeling so that I could take it out and inhale / drink / eat some when I am feeling down (a bit like the new car smell - imagine if we could get something to spray in the car so that it always smelt like a new car !!!! I digress again !!!!!!). But, seeing as that isn't possible, I will take the support, encouragement, motivation and inspiration from all you wonderful people and use that to lift me up when I am feeling like 'is this all really worth is' - in my head I know that it is - it is just that sometimes my heart doesn't feel quite the same !!!!
I went to lunch with some friends today - was banking on being able to have a 6" sub but we landed up at a coffee shop instead so I had some pumpkin soup - I didn't feel like a salad and their sandwiches were absolutely huge. As I am on a 17 point day I didn't want to use too many points up on lunch - does anyone have an idea of the point value of pumpkin soup -- I am sure that there isn't just pumpkin in there so thought if I counted 5 points I should be right.
Well, this isn't getting my month end reconciliations done - take care everyone, be good to yourselves and have a great day !
This may not be the most appropriate for all of us trying to lose weight, but I think that it certainly gives us something to think about on how we are living our lives !!!

TFTD : Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Hope you are feeling better today! I just wanted to say thanks for all your comments on my blog recently, it means a lot to me that you take the time to read, comment and support me. xxx

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again I love your TDTD!! Also if you ever manage to bottle up that "high and in contol" feeling - please send me some!
Pumpkin soup would be a bit of a hard guess, but I'm sure 5 pts would be on the safe side. I make it point free but I'm sure coffee shop soup would have extras in it.
Thanks also for the comments on my tag board. Great to know people understand. Tell your mother - good luck!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant TFTD!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I am planning to hit the grave chocolate in one hand, glass of wine in the other, a thoroughly used up body, but a hot hot hot used up body so that as they are laying me to rest they can be assured I had a good life and I looked good living it!!

So I'm not planning on going yet as I am not yet at that stage nor am I finished living my incredibly good life.

Have a brilliant day :)

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home