Wednesday, May 14, 2008

An update

To be honest I don't even know where to begin. It has been so long since I have posted, tracked, watched what I am eating - I haven't even stepped on the scales and for those who know what a 'scale whore' I am, you know that this means only one thing - I am out of control.

I can live with it right now. Work is like a mad house - I have made plans to have breakfast sorted out at work from next month - bought a bowl and spoon so I can have jungle oats at work - when I am working 12-13 hr days and leaving home at 5.30am - I can't bear the thought of having to eat before I leave so what would happen is I would then go to the staff kiosk at about 9am and buy something to eat. Then because I left too early to make lunch, I would have to buy lunch. And then by 3pm I was feeling totally frazzled so I would have to visit the snack machine. Then by 5pm when I knew I wouldn't be getting home until 7pm, I would visit the snack machine again - needless to say the money drained out of my purse faster than the bath water down a plug hole !!! So I have to make another plan for this month end - I have to be more organised and I have to be prepared - I can do this !!!!

I also completed a metabloic typing questionaire today so will wait to see what the results of that are - hopefully this will be able to help with making me feel better and help me to lose this weight that I just seem to be lugging around with me all the time.

We are off to Sydney next weekend for a friend's 40th birthday. Al and I fly down on Friday morning and we are spending the day at Taronga Zoo and then K will fly down early evening and we will pick her up and then spend the weekend there before flying back on Sunday night - I just hope the weather is kind to us poor people from sunny South East Queensland !!!

Take care everyone and be good !

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

When we see you on the weekend, you will see how my story mirrors your own. I have meals where I am doing OK, and in the last week (since I got the Wii-Fit) I have been a little more in control.

I hope the questionaire gives you the results you need and know that you have a family who love you - just as you are - but a happier you is always a good thing..

Can't wait to catch up.
Mxx

11:02 AM  
Blogger Mel. said...

You have been tagged (sorry!) Head to my blog.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Lee-Anne said...

Hello Me. Hope you're still around and doing okay. Maybe should just resort to email.

I am like you when it comes to breakfast. I can't imagine eating before 9.30 in the mornning.

How did you get on with the metabolic typing? Would be curious to hear.

Hope your weekend in Sydney was great and you had a blast.

Take care.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Lovely to get a comment from you! Been ages since you've posted - hope all is ok?

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home