Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Quick catch up

Well tomorrow sees the end of my 4th week on Lite 'n Easy - I have lost 3.8kgs so far and am very happy. Unfortuantely I will not be at goal before we go on holiday - totally my own fault for leaving it to the last 6 weeks before we leave to do anything about my weight. But, no good crying over what could have been - should have been - would have nice to have had - need to just focus on staying on track until we leave and hopefully being able to fit into some clothes that I have and not have to buy anymore to take on holiday.

I have to say that if I lived alone Lite 'n Easy would be how I would do my grocery shopping - for me it has been great to do. I have also got into the habit of exercising at least 5 days a week - yesterday and today there has been no exercise due to the weather. Yes, I could have done something at home but I didn't feel like it so have taken those as my rest days. While I am grateful for the rain, it does mess with my exercise plans and I am so enjoying my walking and then the 20 mins that I do of run 8 secs walk 12 secs - it really does get my heart rate up.

Not much news other than the above - still have things to do for Spain but now Al is waiting to hear back from some Spaniards with whom he used to work in Taiwan so we have held off making any bookings. We are all off to the orientation and information day at Griffith Uni on Saturday so that is very exciting. I have heard some negative comments around school re K moving to Queensland Academies but I am just ignoring them and taking them with a pinch of salt. The good thing is that we can always change our minds if we need to.

Al has just finished cooking so am off to eat with the rest of the family. Take care and be good to yourselves.

3 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

I love your blog. I believe that you will achieve your goals. Good luck :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Apple2Hourglass said...

Hey that's pretty good weight loss for 4 weeks. I've heard L&E called Lite and Hungry!! hehe
I would do it but i'm a bit strapped for cash right now. Maybe later in the year when i'm organised a bit more.
Bet you're getting excited about your holiday.
Bri

7:50 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Well done on the loss Linda. That is fantastic. And it is a good start and better than if you had done nothing at all.

I think it is a good way of controlling food intake and as much as it seems expensive on the outset - as it is coming straight off the credit card - it actually is quite economical when you look at the take away and junk food we tend to sneak in when buying healthy food at the grocery store.

I think you have done a great job. Well done.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home