Friday, January 12, 2007

Another week gone by

Where does the time go to ? I can't beleive that another week has passed me by. The good thing is that I am 1.6kgs lighter than I was last week - YAY ME !!!!! I was very pleased with that loss for the week although would have liked more seeing as it was my first week back counting, tracking, exercising and drinking water !!! But, I'm not unhappy with that loss.

I have spent another day this week in bed with a really dreadful headache - I think this is my body's way of saying "If you won't slow down, I'll make you slow down" - the trouble is that there is still so much that needs to be done. This weekend I have to go into work to catch up on work I didn't get done because I was flat on my back in bed. Plus I HAVE to clean the house - I cannot look at it any more the way it is - this is really stressing me out so I need to address the problem and then move on.

My food and water intake this week has been fan-bloody-tastic ! I am really pleased with how motivated I am - eating fruit, drinking water, getting home and getting on the treadmill before I do anything else (except last night and tonight when my head wouldn't allow me to walk !) Tonight we had some beautiful grilled fish and I did have a couple of chips with it but have counted them into my points for the day. I even had a little bit of liquorice after dinner. Liquorice has been my downfall during the past few months - it would be nothing for me to go to Coles, buy a packet of liquorice and the following lunch time, go back and buy another packet because the packet I bought yesterday was all finished. But, not any more - I haven't made one trip to Coles from school this year - instead I have been working through my lunch 1/2 hour which I said I wasn't going to do - that is when I am supposed to be typing up my my blog to post via e-mail. Note to self : Make sure you update blog at least 3 times per week during lunch 1/2 hour - this will ensure you have a break and are fresher and able to accomplish more in the afternoon !

I have also been using a 14 day free trial of eTools - I am finding them very useful and very motivating to use. This weekend I want to sit down and find some different recipes to try out next week. I guess it could become a bit tiresome to use after a while but for now it seems to be working for me so I am going to stick with it - it is cheaper than paying to go to a weekly meeting as a life-time member and with Jodie's challenge - the motivation to keep going is still there. When that starts to wane I will have to reassess what I am going to do.

We are going away for the long weekend at the end of January and I am really looking forward to the break although I have to say that I am going to have to work hard at making sure I stay within points while we are away. I will take my walking shoes with me and try to go for a walk each day - hopefully Al will be off his crutches by then and we can go walking together. Mind you, if he is walking with me it won't be at any great pace but I can live with that. The main thing will be making sure that I do the best that I can and if I do go over on my points for the week, I don't let it get out of hand - it is only one weekend - it isn't any special occasion - so there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to do this within points and with a loss for the week - I JUST NEED TO BE PREPARED AND ORGANISED !!!!

Have a great weekend everyone and take care.

PS - as soon as I can remember how to update my side bar, I will !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home