Monday, January 08, 2007

One week down - 51 to go !!!

Well I haven't had quite the good start to the year that I anticipated
- food wise it has been great but I have been sick and so haven't been
able to exercise BUT I am not going to beat myself up over that. The
good thing is that I have been making good food and drink choices and
have been just under points each day since the 2nd and I really can't
complain about that.

There have been a few times when I have been tempted to reach for the
chocolate but I have managed to work my problems out some other way
instead of by stuffing my face. One night I did get very hungry at
about 10pm so I had some biscuits and a sandwich and I counted them
into my points for the day - that took my 6.5 points over for the day
but considering I had 12 points saved, I was OK. I have even been
drinking water every day - very reluctantly I have to say, but it is
going down which is the main thing. What I am trying to do now (and I
have been getting it right most of the time) is to have a glass of
water before I have a soft drink, then sometimes I haven't had the
soft drink because I feel full after having the glass of water.

I think that the big difference for me now is that my mindset is
different - I am more positive and more motivated than I have been in
the past 6 - 8 months (the fact that I am approx 13kgs heavier might
have something to do with it as well). To pinch a phrase from the TV
advert - Because enough is enough - sums up how I feel. As has
happened many times in the past, I reached the point where I knew I
couldn't go on like I was and that I had to do something about it. Oh
how I wish I had reached this point 10kgs ago - but it is so hard to
pull the reigns in when everyone is still saying "But you are looking
so good" and "Why are you still bothering with all that - you haven't
put on any weight". I guess I really was in denial thinking that I
could eat all that junk, not monitor my food intake in any way, drink
more than I would normally drink and still stay at my goal weight - it
had to start showing somewhere and my tummy, butt, hips and legs are
where it is now showing.

This is a new opportunity for me to show myself (and my family and
friends) what I can do when I put my mind to it. I will be back on
the treadmill this afternoon after work. I am also going to have to
get my bicycle out and dusted off because I spoke to the lady from
work re the swimming leg of the triathlon and she is really keen to
join us so hopefully we will be able to take part in a couple of races
and see how we go. The main thing is that I have a goal to train for
which is so much easier than just walking / cycling for the sake of
exercise.

On that note, I had better be going and get some work done otherwise I
won't be going home in time to get on the treadmill !!!

Take care everyone and have a great day !

TFTD : Real friendship is shown in times of trouble, prosperity is
full of friends.

TIAGF : A new beginning

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

So good to see you back posting again. You aren't alone - so many of us are battling away - but I always think that as we are still all posting it has to be positive.

Wishing you and your family all the best for 2007!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

WooHoo to you !!! Excellent loss!

I feel the same as you do about the "mindset" thing. I am so focussed at the moment. I can even so "no" to ice-cream cakes and pavlovas!

You've had a tough year, with Al & your job in particular. So don't beat yourself up. 2007 is a new year - and I'm sure it will be a great one!

Jodie
xx

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home