Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What a week

Just to let you know I am still around - it has been tough but we are getting there. Al is doing as well as can be expected - he was really quite chirpy this morning but when I got to see him after work, he wasn't as up-beat. He did get up and I think that he couldn't settle his leg after that so has had to up the pain relief. I think it is going to be pretty much like this for the next 6 weeks while he gets used to trying to walk with the frame in his leg (which is really quite heavy - certainly a lot heavier than we were expecting it to be) as well as having to deal with the adjustments to the frame when they start to happen next week.

I am totally exhausted after 3 nights of not much sleep, the travelling between Brisbane and here, the waiting around which happened yesterday, the dashing around at work catching up today and just the whole emotional strain that I find myself under. Food has been the least of my priorities - didn't manage to have dinner last night or tonight - maybe I will be able to time it better tomorrow night.

Kathryn - there is a quick drying top coat called Insta-Dri by Sally Hansen - it is an anti-chip top coat and is fantastic for stopping any smudges on your nail polish. I normally wait about 5-10 mins after I have put a second coat of nail polish on and then paint a coat of this on - wait about 10-15 mins and I never have any smudges. You can normally pick this up at Priceless / Big W / KMart / Target - they are generally cheaper than a chemist unless the chemist is having a special.

Take care everyone and have a great week !

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Al gets better real soon honey. Thinking of you all.
Bri

8:48 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Give Al my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Glad the operation is over and seems to have gone well. good luck with having the patience of a saint because I am sure that will be required with all the running around and nursing you have to do. Big hugs my friend.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

hope Al is better & you get a good nights sleep soon!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Hope things start getting easier for you soon :)

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big {{{HUGS}}} Linda and cheers to a good support network you have around them. Use them!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hi there. Hope Al's recovery is clean and swift and that he gets used to the changes he has to make. It is a tough time when worrying about someone else and still trying to 'hold it together'. Don't push yourself to hard, and don't punish yourself if not everything gets done straight away. It will get done in time.

Take care of yourself - so that you are there to take care of the others. xx

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Sending love your way. Hope you get a bit of sleep soon.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Julie's Journey said...

Sorry I am so late catching up with reading blogs but I hope Al has progressed and is getting better. Remember to take care of yourself too. Many hugs
Julie

3:14 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Totally understandable that you haven't been around much, but I hope you and Al are doing ok. Looking forward to update when you feel up to it/get a chance to sit down for more than five minutes. Hope you're well.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

hope all is ok with you and yours! take care!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home