Friday, October 13, 2006

TGIF

Thank goodness it's Friday is all I can say ! Last night I went
shopping after work for the dinner we are having tonight for friends.
After we got home I unpacked the groceries and then got changed and
went for a walk.

There are times when I am pleased that I don't take my mobile when I
go walking but last night wasn't one of them. My shins were sore from
my walk the previous night and after about 5 mins I wondered what I
was doing. I kept on telling myself "Just to the next road" but of
course the problem is that as far as you walk one way, you have to
walk the same distance back again. I got to where I had turned the
night before and thought "If only I had my phone with me I would ring
Al and ask him to pick me up" – it's my own fault because he asked me
if I was talking my phone before I left and I said no because they
were both home and knew where I was going. The front of my legs were
so sore – actually they are still sore having just walked down and
back to the oval (twice) to catch some of K's softball game !!! I
couldn't make up my mind if I was doing myself more damage by walking
when they were sore or if I would actually help them to stop being
sore. Al said maybe there was some muscle fatigue because I haven't
done any exercise for a while so I will go along with that but if it
doesn't improve I will have to see what else it could be. K (with her
wealth of medical knowledge) said maybe it was shin splints ! Will
wait and see who is right.

I have had the most dreadful headache since about 10.30 last night.
Thank goodness is seems to have eased a little this afternoon as we
are having friends over for dinner tonight and I didn't want to have
to cancel seeing as my fridge is full of food. Luckily I got most of
the preparation done last night after I got home from walking so it
will just be a matter of cooking the veggies and cheese sauce and
making dessert. Al will cook the meat and chicken on the Weber and I
am sure we will have a great evening. It is ages since we have caught
up with some of these friends so there will be lots to catch up on.
It really is a shame at how busy our lives seem to be that so much
time passes between seeing friends. But, be that as it may, we will
be seeing them tonight and will be able to have a good catch up
session.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us with lots of work in the garden.
Having only 2 weekends to get at least 4 weekends worth of work done
means that we won't be doing much playing !!! Next weekend is the
Leukaemia Foundation World's Greatest Grill – how quickly has that
come around – but it will be good as it will give Al a chance to catch
up with a lot of people before he goes into hospital.

Take care everyone and I hope you have a great weekend !

TFTD : Don't wait for something big to occur. Start where you are,
with what you have, and that will always lead you into something
greater.

TIAGF : It being Friday

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yikes, I had shinsplints when I was an aeorobic freak (obviously that was years ago) they are very painful. You should go and get it checked out. Sounds like you have a very busy weekend ahead. Enjoy.
Bri

8:33 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Sounds like shin splints to me. A massage should help :)

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home