Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Another day

As M posted yesterday – when the scales are showing me nice numbers, the choices I make tend to change from when they are showing me a number that I don’t want to see. Last week that is exactly what happened – the numbers were looking good and so the extra bits and pieces found their way into my mouth and now the numbers are looking shocking again !!!! Why do I continue to do this to myself ???? I know if I eat cr*p, I feel like cr*p and yet I continue to put my poor body through this. Is it just that there are some lessons that I will never learn or is it because my clothes still fit me that I think I can get away with it ? Only to be rudely awakened by the scale showing me that I can’t get away with it ?

Anyway, that has happened and I need to move on. This hasn’t helped me achieve my goal of losing weight for the few functions coming up but I guess it doesn’t have to stop me from getting back up and trying (yet again !) to get these few kilos off.

My training for C2S has been sadly none existent – the weather on the Coast hasn’t been wonderful lately (having said that the rain has been great for the gardens and filling the dam for which I am grateful – although being on water restrictions when our dam is 94% full is rather annoying – but, to help fellow Queenslanders, I will accept them so that I don’t have to pay the fine for using a hose !) But, even when the weather was good, I was busy moving pavers and my legs have certainly been paying for all those squats that I did – Al said he thought that I could count that towards my training but I am not so sure !!!!!

As I said before, my eating has left a lot to be desired lately – the whole roller-coaster of the job situation certainly hasn’t helped either. I know I shouldn’t blame outside forces for the choices I made, but that is the way it is. I need to get back in control – I am not there yet but the good thing is that I am working my way towards being in control. My choices are improving each day – I wish I could flick the ‘Control’ switch back on – I tried to but it is just flickering rather than burning brightly !!!!

Have a great day everyone and take care of yourselves !

TFTD : Friends are the little prize in the cereal box of life

TIAGF : New opportunities

5 Comments:

Blogger Kt said...

hope u get yourself back on track soon & that you are having a good week :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Linda I have been doing the same thing, using food to help me cope with stress. But we will get motivated again and get training so we can talk and walk at the same time, hoepfully at a faster pace than now. Have a good weekend.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Oooh I'm a prize in a cereal box. Can I please be a Super Hero magic pen - because they are so IN at the moment LOL.

The C2S is still long enough away that if you set up a training schedule you will be more than fit enough to walk the entire way without injury or without being too tired. I know Michelle is intending to run (brave woman) but I will be strolling along.

Just keep up that fighting spirit you are known for and you will come out on top. :D

2:03 PM  
Blogger Cinders said...

At least your choices are improving every day. Enjoy the rest of the week and I hope the weather gets better so you can get some training in for the C2S.

3:20 PM  
Blogger philippa_moore said...

Oh wow Linda, I've just done a bit of a catch up with your last few posts - what amazing changes you've made in your life since I last dropped in!!

I too have used food as a way to cope with stress, but it never helps as much as you think it will does it?! Do your best darl, try and make good choices, but remember that every day is a new start.

Lots of love xoxoxo

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home