Thursday, March 02, 2006

Quick update

My weight is sitting at a record low this morning – unfortunately it is because I have been sick for the past two days and haven’t had anything to eat !!!! No doubt it will move up again now that I am eating but I have to say that I like the look of myself at this weight !!!

To any young girls / ladies who are trying to lose weight at the moment – do it now before your skin loses too much elasticity. I have noticed lately that my skin is definitely a lot more saggy now than what it used to be. While my face doesn’t have many wrinkles / laughter lines or whatever else you want to call them, my arms and legs are a different story. Even though I completely moisturize twice a day, the elasticity has gone and nothing I can do (that I know of) will bring it back. While I spent many years yo-yoing with my weight, now I really regret not getting serious about my weight sooner – I am sure that if I had lost the weight earlier my skin would be in a much better place than what it is at the moment. I do know that sitting in the sun doesn’t help and I do make sure that I always have sun protection on before I sit in the sun, but I still feel that brown fat is so much nicer to look at than white fat. Who knows, maybe in years to come I will regret having sat in the sun now but, as we never know what is around the corner I feel that, while I am sensible about it, I will continue with it no matter who nags me to stop.

I have a lot happening at the moment so I will probably be away from here for a while – take care everyone and be good !

TFTD : To the world you might be one person. But to one person, you might be the world.

TIAGF : The rain which is keeping my garden looking nice and green

BTW - does anyone know what has happened to Double Figures Brelle ? I can't seem to find her site anymore.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Sorry you have been sick! It's always so nice to see those low numbers on the scale though. Take care and hope you are feeling better!

5:59 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Sorry you are sick....hope you really are feeling better and have an enjoyable weekend. Like you I wish I had started this journey when I was younger but that time has gone and all we can do is concentrate on now. I like tanned skin better than white skin to.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

I have white skin AND fat skin, so i'm just all yucky at the moment. I'm sure i'll have the sagging problem to considering we're the same age, but I have never been a sun lover because of my pale scottish skin, this could be my saviour. To think I complained all those years about not being able to go outside and get a tan!! Hope everything is okay with you, you know where I am if you need me.
Big hugs, take care,
Bri

7:18 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Hope you are feeling much better and have a great weekend.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Julie's Journey said...

Slowly catching up with everyone. Glad your weekend for good and so sorry to hear you have been sick. I understand what you mean about the elasticity thingo. Damn and double damn. Hope all goes well now
:o)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Mel. said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick and hope you are feeling better soon. I also wish I had sorted out my life earlier than I am. No point crying over spilt milk about this.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

So sorry to read that you've been sick but I hope you are much better now. You are looking so fantastic BTW, what sagging!?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Brown fat IS so much nicer than white fat LOL. And it seems to make it look smaller too - or is that just me??

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home