Monday, February 13, 2006

Oh no ...... Monday

Firstly – an update on my weigh-in. I put on 0.6 this week which I am happy with. I think this is what maintenance is all about – keeping the balance and I have to say that I am happy with the job that I am doing.

Now, onto the weekend – what a great time I had (actually, I think we all had a great time !!!) M and DS1 picked me up from the airport. K was on the phone straight away to find out what they were like and what car they drove – when she found out she was satisfied that I was in good hands (and not a mass murderer and was happy for me to stay away the weekend). Lots of chatting happened on Friday night and then Saturday it was off into the city to meet Michelle, a wander around The Rocks and a few purchases made at the craft market there, a walk around Circular Quay, a run up the Opera House steps (without very much huffing and puffing either !!) and a lovely look out over the harbour. By that stage it was getting a little late and we had a rather brisk walk (sorry you aren’t a little taller Michelle) with 3 of Michelle’s stepping matching 2 of ours – to get to Cockle Bay Wharf and all the others waiting for us (we were only a few minutes late and I think are forgiven for that, aren’t we ?) We had an absolutely delicious meal and we each had our own dessert (except for a couple of people who shall remain nameless !!!) – I thoroughly enjoyed my scoop of coconut ice-cream balancing on a scoop of chocolate cookie ice-cream.

After lunch and a group photo, we went to watch the Dragon Boat Racing but after one race decided that the sun was just too hot and looked for some shade – we did find some shade, under the canopies of the paddle boats !!!! Great fun was had by Mary and M racing (or should that read ramming ?????) CKK and myself. After we were off the paddle boats there was lots more talking with Mary’s delightful other half arriving and being introduced to us all – I think he may have been a little over whelmed by all the talking taking place !!! People then started to go their own ways and M, Michelle and I took a wander through the lovely Queen Victoria Building – if only we could have won the Lotto before we started !!!!!

Unfortunately the day drew to a close far too quickly and Michelle had to be on her way back to the airport. M and I then went home where we flopped onto the couches – exhausted ! What a fun filled day we had.

What I did notice was that there are so many more hills in Sydney than what we have on the Gold Coast – certainly makes walking a lot harder than what I am used to. The craft markets that we saw had some really unusual products and are very different to the markets on the Coast as well. All in all a great experience.

Sunday was another great day with lots of walking and great sight seeing (and lovely food at Bondi Beach as well) before it was time to hit the road for home. M, the petrol and the poor presentation stories will forever give me a laugh !!! (Thank you Mr M) It was sad saying goodbye to the lovely M and her wonderful family – I had such a good time there and was really made to feel so welcome.

Like M, I also felt it was a risk – going to stay with someone I hadn’t actually met but felt that if the worst came to the worst and I didn’t feel safe, I could always have moved out to other friends (and if I am honest the thought "What have I done ?" did pop into my head fleetingly when I was on the plane from the Gold Coast !!!). I think that Al probably felt it to be more of a risk because doing this was so far out of my comfort zone. But, it was great to do and it has made me realise that there are things which I can do if I set my mind to them. (I don’t know if over coming my fear of heights is one of them !) If anyone had said to me that I would go for a weekend to stay with someone I didn’t know and go to lunch with a whole lot of people I had never met I would have laughed at them. Having said that it was a fantastic weekend and I would recommend if any other bloggers can arrange to meet up – do it – it is great. I can’t guarantee that you will always get on with whoever you meet up with but at least you won’t wonder – would we have got along if we had ever met – you would know and you could make arrangements to meet other people with whom you may click. The ladies I met on Saturday are such lovely people and I certainly feel that it was worth the trip to Sydney to meet them – thank you all for such a great time and I am looking forward to being able to catch up again.

Unfortunately I didn't have a very good night last night - K was not well and I was up and down with her a few times during the night. She went off to school today but had to be collected during the morning with sore throat, blocked nose and high temp (the same as what she had last night). I tried to get her to stay at home but she said she would be OK to go to school. I phoned Coles and have managed to get the night off as I wasn't happy about going to work and leaving her by herself when she was sick - would hate for her temp to really be a problem and I am off packing shelves !!! Hopefully it will be something that she will be over soon as she has her swimming carnival on Friday.

Take care everyone and have a great week !

TFTD : May the friends of our youth be the companions of our old age

TIAGF : Taking the opportunity to make new friends – in person !!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Hi Linda - I have a blogger account now so at long last can leave you comments - have been following your site but just couldn't say anything!

How exciting meeting up with the M's (Michelle, Mary, and M) sounds like you had fun - maybe NZ next time;)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Julie's Journey said...

Oh Linda, it was so great to meet you. Boy do I have some reading to do no matter what Kit says! Hope K is better soon. I am so glad you took the risk too.
Julie

4:46 PM  
Blogger Yummy Mummy said...

Ohh.. it sounds lik eyou had just so much fun. And I am pleased that at least you ate all of your own dessert!! Hope that K is feeling a little better... really is nothing worse then a sick child.
Proud that you have all gotton out of your comfort zones and all had a new experience!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I've loved reading everyone's accounts of the meetup. It really does sound like you all had a brill time.

Hope K is feeling better. I like her criteria for judging your safety - maybe you need to explain to her that mass murderers can drive nice cars too... lol.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

LOL at Kathryn. She echoed my point that mass murderers actually make more money than the average joe - and that the good ones get to keep their cars..

I hope that the pizza we forced you to eat didn't impact on your weight gain. Or the burger. Or the chinese. Ooops staying with us wasn't that healthy after all LOL.

Right on that note I really am going to bed now. Hope you have a great day tomorrow and that K feels better in the morning xx

10:11 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

So now we know what you really ate!! hehe. Hope K is feeling much better by now. Have a great day. Sorry I haven't responded to your other email yet, I will try and get around to it today. Damn work is so busy at the moment it's cutting into my email and blogging time! haha
Bri

9:10 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Great that you had such a fantastic time on Saturday! It would have been wonderful to meet everyone.

Hope K is feeling much better soon.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

You have all said what a great time it was - I'm so jealous!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

You are doing really well maintaining and hey...ramming!? We had a dodgy boat I swear LOL ;-P Thanks again babe and I hope K feels better soon.

1:19 PM  
Blogger philippa_moore said...

Glad you had a wonderful time in Sydney! And hope K is feeling better soon :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Sounds like such a great weekend - I'm glad you had fun, and also glad that M is as lovely in person as she is online! :-)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

sounds like you had a fabulous weekend away meeting other bloggers! glad u had such a nice time :)

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a terrific weekend it sounds great :)

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home