Sunday, July 09, 2006

My "C" words - finally !!!

I don’t know how long ago I got my letter from M. I haven’t done anything about them for a few reasons - I forgot, I couldn’t find the time, I couldn’t think of any and then I realised that unless I made the time I was NEVER going to get them done - and here they are !!

Chocolate - I know that this may not be the most appropriate word for a weight-loss / maintenance blog but it is something that I LOVE so much I had to use it first up. I can eat chocolate at any time of the day or night - I know people who say “Oh no, I can’t have any chocolate, it isn’t after lunch time.” I have never been able to understand this - I can eat chocolate at 6am, 10am, 12 noon, 2om, 6pm, 11pm, 3am - I really can eat it 24 hours a day. I have learnt to only eat ‘good’ chocolate - I would rather spend more on a good quality chocolate than buy some cheap chocolate which tastes awful. The more smooth the chocolate is and the longer it takes to dissolve in my mouth - the better it is.

Challenge - this is a word which, when mentioned in the same sentence as “This job is” - is enough to whet my appetite for the position the person is talking about. I love challenges and I love the feeling that comes with meeting those challenges. I love a challenging job and I love the challenge of setting myself goals to achieve - like the C2S - sometimes I don’t give myself a lot of time to achieve them, but I like the fact that I have a goal to work towards and giving it my all.

Casual - this is me - casual as casual can be. My ideal job would be one where I could go to work in jeans !! My home is very casual - we love to entertain casually with BBQ’s and being outside. While I enjoy the formal sit down dinner parties occasionally, I do prefer the outdoor, casual way of life.

Compliments - I love it when people compliment me on what I have achieved. I am getting a lot better at accepting compliments rather than just brushing comments off as nothing. I think too often I forget how far I have come and when someone comments on it, it is good to remember what I have achieved and thank them for acknowledging my accomplishment.

Committed - when I look back to when I started this journey (for the last time), I realised that the difference this time is that I was totally committed to making this the last time I had to lose those kilos. I have been committed to maintaining my weight and, while I have not maintained at my lowest weight, I have maintained at a weight which allows me to still wear my size 10 jeans. Something I would never have thought possible 18 months ago given how many times I have got to goal, only to find that I put on all the weight I lost plus more.

Cookies (biscuits) / cakes - these along with chocolate are my down fall. I would rather eat a packet of biscuits than a good healthy meal. In fact, I have eaten a packet of biscuits as my meal (on more than one occasion) ! I know that this is sad, but then anyone with a weight problem will be able to understand how it can happen and what it feels like.

Chatterbox - I love to talk. Some people may find this a rather strange word to describe me because it is only true with people whom I know and am comfortable with. I am actually quite shy until I get to know someone but once I know you, make sure you can put your hand up to interrupt otherwise you won’t get a word in edgeways !!!!

Courage - I never used to think of myself as courageous but after having walked up mountains even though I am terrified of heights, killed large spiders even though I am terrified of spiders and flown in planes even though I always wonder if the plane will crash - I figure I can consider myself courageous. What I hadn’t thought was courageous was starting a blog until I realised just how much of myself I put into my blog. It takes courage to admit that I am a secret eater, that I keep stuffing up but that I keep on trying, that I never used to like what I looked like but that I now love my new body - while it isn’t perfect, it is right for me. Yes, it could be better but at what cost to some other part of my life and so I have learnt to love what I have.

Curvaceous - I think that would be a good word to describe my body - it is not the sylph like figure which I would like but that is because I am not 100% committed to weight-loss right now - and I can live with that. I would love to have the perky breasts that I used to have but, unless we win the Lotto and I can have a breast reduction, I am stuck with what I have and will have to rely on underwear to minimise them as much as possible.

Create - while I am not very creative in terms of making something out of not much - I do love doing things like calligraphy, cross-stitch, crocheting, making cards (those were the ‘c’ words I could come up with) as well as knitting, embroidery and patch working / quilting. I wish I had more time to do the things which I enjoy.

What a great exercise this has been for me - thanks M ! I was suprised at the number of C words I did come up with and then I had to narrow them down to only 10 !!!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Great post. I can eat chocolate any time too. yum.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

Great post - I can identify with most of these especially the chocolate and cookies comments:)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jadey said...

Well done gorgeous - Yes I think we have all had cookies for a meal. It is a great insight into your life.

5:12 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I too have a 24 hr a day love affair with chocolate. You are indeed a courageous woman ready to meet challenges head on. You are also charming and considerate.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Cinders said...

I love your C list. The old biscuit replacement meal hey??? I think we've all been there. Enjoy the rest of the week.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Lee-Anne said...

Hi me!!! Just checking in to say hi.

You're definitely committed and love a challenge.

Hope all is going well in your world. Take care.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Great "C" list. I think committed is the most important and you certainly are. Well done on all that walking!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Mel. said...

Great C list.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Awesome list and great way to get to know you better :-)

8:04 PM  
Blogger Ails said...

What a great list Linda, well done for completing it - I was given 'F' ages ago and I still haven't done it (on the to-do list)! And I am totally with you on the chocolate!

I've read your recent posts and love what you are written so far. Looking forward to reading more about your life. And by the way, a huge congrats on the amazing weight loss you have achieved! I'll definitely will go through your archive posts soon to see how your journey went.

Thanks again Sweetie for your beautiful email recently :)

Have a great lead up to the weekend,
Ails xxx

11:00 PM  
Blogger Learning Leaders said...

Hi Linda..I am still having the trouble of getting back to your blog from your comments so I found you somewhere else and got to your site. Sounds like things are going well for you at the moment. Having Al home must definately help. Have a great weekend.lb.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

wow C certainly was a great letter for u to write about! hope all is ok Linda & you are having a good wknd :)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home