Friday, July 07, 2006

65, 67, 64

No – those aren’t my measurements - they are my times for walking home 3 times this week !!!!! The second one was actually less walking time than the first but I managed to get held up by every traffic light that I had to cross to get home. The day before, while I had walked the same way, I managed to scamper across the road (sometimes against the lights if there were no cars around) but I certainly didn’t have to wait the 3-4 minutes all up that I would have waited around on Wednesday. Yesterday I wised up and walked on the other side of the road where there are less cars turning. The only thing to hold me up were the lost (South African) tourists who were wanting directions but I ran the last 600m home to try to make up for the lost time !!

The good thing was I had my ipod, a sports drink and my sports bra on (as well as my normal walking clothes in case you were wondering if that was all I was wearing !!) so all was well in Linda’s walking world. An added bonus was Al took a drive and met me about 2kms away from work and took my bag home so I was free to walk without the 10 ton pack on my back.

My eating has got slightly better – K met me for lunch today as she wasn’t working and I was going to have a toasted sandwich but she wanted sushi so I had that instead – a much better option for me although the apple muffin afterwards wasn’t that good a choice !! Tonight we are going to see friends of ours whom we haven’t seen for ages so it will be good to catch up with them – double bonus because I don’t have to (a) think of what to cook for dinner and (b) don’t have to cook dinner !!!!

Tomorrow I will get more walking done while K is at softball training and then on Sunday it will either be a cycle or another walk during the day in between jack hammering the foundations which we were originally going to leave until Al had a think about it and realised that we would have to get rid of them as they have to core through for the new pipes and the old foundations will be in the way.

What a great game on Wednesday night - I really didn't think we had enough in the tank to come back from 14-4 down with 8 minutes left but they pulled it out from somewhere - GO YOU BEAUTIES !!!! This has meant a really long couple of days for me as we only got to bed at about 2.30am on Thursday (I was still awake at 3.15) and the days have been reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly long since then. I am sure I am going to sleep like a log one night soon - with the extra late night on Wendesday plus the walking which I am not used to - you would think it would catch up with me sometime.

Have a great weekend everyone and take care !

TFTD : Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but look what they can do when they stick together.

TIAGF : Not having to cook tonight

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Way to go Linda. Those are excellent times for that distance. And how's that for luck with the South African tourists. You probably would have been the only one to understand the accent LOL.

You sound GREAT at the moment. The exercise is agreeing with you and your food choices are definitely getting better. You should be proud of yourself this week. Now, do it all again next week chickie :D

Have a great weekend x

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your times are great! and well done on the walking this week and on your food choices also.

Hope you have a great weekend!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You are on a roll by the sounds of it and thanks for motivating me for this week. I am going to plan my week now. You're a gem Linda!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

hey, thats fantastic times, you are doing so well! :)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home