Wednesday, April 05, 2006

YAY for Wednesday

Well there isn’t too much in the way of news from my side of the world. I still haven’t jumped on any scales as they are under the upside down vanity and not easily accessible. My clothes are OK and my size 10 jeans still fit (I wore them out last night) so it doesn’t really matter what the numbers say anyway. Last night we went out to dinner and the movies and, like M, I was quite excited about going out on a school night. We went to an Italian place for dinner but, as we were a little pushed for time, probably didn’t do the meal justice. I had a pumpkin and pinenut pasta, Al had spaghetti bolognaise and K had a kid’s Hawaiian pizza. As I said, unfortunately we were rather rushed and so didn’t really enjoy the meal as much as we could have done were we not going to the movies as well. We saw The Pink Panther which was a very light hearted entertaining movie and followed exactly in the steps of the previous Pink Panther movies – not something I would say you mustn’t miss but entertaining none the less. I haven’t managed to fit in any exercise since our walk on Sunday – at least my calves have improved so that I am not wincing every time I have to walk down the stairs at work !!! I did manage to take K to the podiatrist to find out about the bone on the side of her foot but that is all OK and just something we need to be aware of when buying shoes for her in the future. I am trying to plan a few bush walks for us because we enjoyed the one on Sunday so much – it just takes a bit of juggling because I really want Al to finish the bathroom and I need to get the outside furniture finished plus we have to start getting our act together for our outside renovations otherwise in 6 months time I am going to still be sitting here saying “We want to renovate outside we just haven’t chosen our pavers and tiles etc” !!!!

I am glad that it is Wednesday today - middle of the week and not long to go to the weekend. There are so many things that I want to / need to do and the weekends are just never long enough. I need to be more organised and plan what needs to be done before Saturday morning actually comes around ! My plan for tonight is to start working on our 'To Do' list so that we have all it organised before the day - maybe that way we will get more things crossed off the list !!!

Like most things in my life, when I am planning and I am organised, things seem to go so much more smoothly (really - who would have thought ?????) While I still enjoy doing things on the spur of the moment, I think that I have been leaving too many things to 'spur of the moment' decisions - this has led to too many quickly thrown together, unbalanced and unhealthy meals because they have been quick and easy to make. I need to pull this back and get my act together. We all know, because we have all been there, unless we have our heads in the right space, it really doesn’t matter what we do. I need to work on getting my head back to where it should be and taking control over the food I am putting into my body – this means that I need to be more organized, plan my meals so that I have all the right food at home to cook healthy meals for all of us and most of all, get back the motivation and oomph that has been sadly lacking in my weight loss journey lately.

I know that there has been lots happening in my life to make the above as difficult as it has been, but maybe I also need to take my own advice – I need to do this for me because I am important and if I am fit and healthy I will be better able to cope with the other issues. I have no doubt that there will be many more ups and downs along the way but for now I need to turn this down into an up and continue on my way. I know that I have so much support out there – thank you to each and everyone one of you – those who e-mail, those who phone and those who leave comments. I think that there are a few of us who are battling along at the moment – the good thing is that we know that there are others out there who understand and are there to give us a helping hand along the way.

I have no doubt that I can do this – I have done it before and there really is no reason why I can’t do it again.

TFTD : We are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

TIAGF : School holidays

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie's Journey said...

If I am not organised I get down because everything is such a schemozzle but when I plan things just work better, including me. You dont need those scales - your clothes are a good measuring stick. Hope you get your oomph back soon - knowing you, it is just taking a little rest and will be powering on soon.
Take care
:o)

4:24 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Life definitely can be a battle at times but you are so right not looking after ourselves only makes it hard to cope with problems. Glad you have been having some quality family time. That is exactly what I need. Have a great weekend.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Whooo Hooo Linda. What a great post. And because of you I am going to work on my to do list tomorrow so that I have a plan for the weekend. I am not doing anything tonight other than putting the dishwasher on and hitting the sack.

You sound good :D

8:52 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Weekends really do fly by. Great idea having a list.

I'm sure you'll get back into your healthier eating - as you said it's all about planning. Good luck:)

10:44 AM  
Blogger Briony said...

I am in exactly the same place as you Linda, in fact this could be my post/thoughts exactly (except for the renovating thing!!). I really need to get organised and you have motivated me to go and do a 'to do' list right now. Thanks! Hope you're feeling ok now.
Bri

1:23 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Yes, I agree planning makes so much difference.
Glad you had a nice night at the movies.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the key to live is "Organisation and Moderation" life is just so simple if you are organised.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Planning is definitely the key hey. I like to be spontaneous too but I know I can't so much with my food. I need to have things ready to go or I make bad choices at the last minute.

I hope you had a great weekend and are having a nice start to the week :-)

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home