Monday, April 03, 2006

A great weekend

We had a great weekend but my eating has once again gone down the tubes. I don’t know what it is but I really have no motivation to watch what I am eating – can’t be bothered tracking or counting points. I can’t jump on my scales at the moment due to the renovations still happening in the bathroom and I can’t get to them but I know that I am starting to put on weight as my pants are feeling a little more snug than what they should. I need to find some motivation to get back on track before this gets completely out of hand !!!!

Onto better things – had a great weekend. Al is busy with the vanity in our bathroom – unfortunately it isn’t going quite as smoothly as it should but nonetheless, at least it is moving forward. He was busy with that for most of Saturday (after our weekly muffin and visit to the library along with a few other things that needed to be done). I was busy with sanding down our out-door furniture which is turning into a bigger job than I had originally anticipated (why is it always like that – jobs never turn out to be smaller than you thought – always bigger ?????) – anyway, I made quite a good start on the four benches, then ran out of sandpaper and by the time Al got back from Bunnings where he had gone to get something else for the vanity, I didn’t have too long to carry on before we had to stop to get ready for work.

Sunday saw the three of us climb to the top of Mt Warning (well the two of them climbed to the top of Mt Warning) as I had to stop about 100m short of the summit given my adversity to heights and the fact that the last 200m you had to pull yourself up the rock bits on a chain !!!!!! I got nearly ½ way up the chain section before I just couldn’t carry on any more and had to sit on the sit like a wuss and wait for them to go up and then come down again. Al did say that, after having done it himself, he doesn’t think I would have been able to go much further than I did – I was in the horrifying position of not being able to continue up and not knowing if I would be able to get down !!!!!! Anyway, by the time they got back to me I had calmed down enough (well nearly enough) to continue down with help from both of them. K was very concerned and kept on patting me on the back !!!!! It is a 9km round trip with they suggest should take 4-5 hours – we went up in 2 hours and down in 1 hr 20mins – we probably should have got down a fair bit quicker except K had a blister on her big toe and my knees started to play up so we had to slow down a little for the last 2kms. It was great when we finished – we all felt so good at having made it to the top (nearly to the top for me !) and back again. K did have one slip on the way up and we thought we may have to turn around but she walked a little on the knee she hurt and said she would continue – she now has two lovely bruises (one on her knee and one on her thigh) to show for her trip up the mountain !!!! We wanted to take a photo when we left but the batteries in the camera ran out when Al switched the camera on. Here is a website if you would like to see where we went - if any of you are in the area you should try to do the walk – it really is good. I have to say that given our lack of exercise over the past few weeks / months, about 10 minutes into the walk I thought I was going to die but I just put one foot in front of the other and didn’t think about how much further I had to go.

We drove around for a while when we were finished and then landed up having fish and chips from a place in Tugun – it is the best calamari I have ever had – I think we will definitely be going back there again another time. They did say that they deliver Thursday to Sunday so K was all excited saying we could get them to deliver – seeing as they are about 40 minutes away from where we live, I said I didn’t think that they would deliver to us but she wrote their phone number down ‘just in case’ !!!!!!
That is it for today – I think we may go for a walk or cycle tonight – my calves are a little tight today from the walk (and we forgot to stretch when we got back to the car !!!!) – K and I just flopped onto our seats and none of us even gave a thought to stretching – I am paying for that today when I have had to go up and down the stairs at work.

TFTD : Don’t count your life by the number of breaths you take, count your life by the number of moments which take your breath away.

TIAGF : The soreness that comes from knowing I have exercised


Blogger Emily said...

I love your thought for today, very cool!!!

Sounds like a great walk, well done on such a big effort - I am off to check out your link now :-)

6:13 PM  
Blogger Lee-Anne said...

Well done. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

You sound just like my DH. He reckons that everything he starts to do around the house turns into such a mission. Personally, I think he just likes extra excuses to go to Bunnings. That's his toyshop. lol.

Glad to see you posting again. Will email soon.


8:19 PM  
Blogger Sandilee said...

What a great weekend it sounds like you all had, hope your muscles and bruises and blisters are all feeling a little better today.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Slim Suzy said...

Sounds like a very energetic weekend. You did a good job to get up the mountain that far!

I know the feeling of small jobs turning into bigger ones.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Whata fabulous walk/climb you had. Don't know if I would have been up to the chain bits either!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Great achievement on your walk! LOL I get vertigo on a step ladder so would find it hard!

Good to have you back updating!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Good on you for (almost) finishing that walk! We did that in December and we had to turn back about 20 minutes from the top because of rain - I was so annoyed! One day when I'm not so 'with child' maybe we could do it together! Sounds like you're busy, but having fun now that your lovely man is back. Hope you're well and that your calves aren't too sore!

8:33 PM  
Blogger M said...

This is definitely on my list of things to do when I come up to visit. Perhaps we can avoid the whole climbe to the top bit but even without it, it does sound wonderful.

I too have not been tracking for a number of weeks now but I think I may finally be getting the hang of monitoring the food intake (said after having just eaten some chocolate!!) With everything going on within your home at the moment it is not surprising that you are venting your frustration by "losing control" with the food. I think now that you have verbalised it you will see it quickly pull back in. You can do it Linda and soon those size 10's will sit comfortably again.


9:06 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

That walk sounds wonderful M and good on you for doing most of it considering your fear of heights. You definitely created a special moment that you cna keep in yor memory file. Don't worry about the eating too much, just take one meal at a time and you will soon be more comfortable in those jeans.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

What a great effoert especially being not good with heights!!
Hope your calves are feeling better:)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

You'll get your motivation back, don't you worry. You've chucked out all your "fat" clothes right? There you go, you can't now go buy bigger clothes :-)

Mt Warning looks gorgeous and with a name like that, I'd expect bruises LOL.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home