Thursday, October 20, 2005

Lack of updates

Thanks for your messages asking if things are OK – things have just been very busy in the Morris household hence the lack of updates. It is soooooooooo good to have Al home and I am really not looking forward to saying goodbye to him in a couple of weeks time – the good thing is that it will only be for just under 5 weeks and then we will be joining him – YAY !!!
I had quite a few good walks with Al last week – my eating was good with most days being under points and only 18 sugar points for the week so you can imagine how surprised (and totally shocked to say the least !) I was when I went to weigh on Monday and put on 1.4kg !!!!!!!! That took me back to my goal weight of 67kg which Al was happy about but left me shaking my head wondering what was going on – more so because according to my digital scales at home I had stayed the same from the previous week.
But, having spent all of Sunday and most Monday in bed with the most awful headache – chiro did an adjustment on Monday but that didn’t help and taking between 6-8 Nurofen Plus each day which didn't really help either. Maybe those, together with all the Nurofen Plus I took last week for my back, were the cause of the gain ??? (I don't know if anti-inflammatories can result in weight gain ? Doesn't really matter as that is what the WW scales said anyway. Back on my hobby horse - I just don't understand how their scales can change so much from one week to the next when I compare them to mine !!!!!) Took myself off to the dr on Tuesday to satisfy my family and he has sent me for a CT scan which I am going to today. I told Al that he could give me the $450.00 for the scan and I would tell him there is nothing to worry about but he wasn’t interested in doing that – said he would rather be safe than sorry !!!!!
The good thing is that foodwise I have been good and according to my scales I am down 1.1kg from my Monday weight. Waterwise I have been shocking this week but that is all I can have this morning as I had to eat before 7am and can’t have anything except water (or tea or coffee which I don’t drink). I have had no exercise this week – couldn’t even bring myself to go to pilates on Tuesday, my head was worrying me so much.
Had better get going as I don’t know how long I am going to be out today getting the scan and then back to the dr for the results.
Take care everyone and have a great week !

TFTD : A good way to repay a kindness shown is to pass it on.

TIAGF : Friends who care

12 Comments:

Blogger Suzy said...

Best of luck with the CT scan. Hope you are OK.
Don't worry about those stupid scales. You are keeping an eye on things at home and you are doing well.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Learning Leaders said...

Hey Linda - worry about getting your health sorted out not what the scales are saying at the moment. Hope all goes well.lb.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. What a bummer of a time to have this happen.

Those scales sound dodgy. Do they move them from week to week or are they permanently set up?

12:39 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

Hope everything goes ok for you Linda, my fingers are crossed that everything will be alright.
Bri

12:55 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

hope all is ok! fingers crossed for u!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I think that medication can hold water so it is possible it can be responsible for part of the gain. I would think if you upped your water intake it may all balance out next week.

I wish you the best for the scan and hope it all sorts itself out before you have to spend the money. Would be so much nicer spent on new clothes for the holiday :)

Have a lovely lovely week

7:57 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

I hope the scan went well and the results are fine. It is a pity that this happened when Al is home but really a blessing because he is here to support you. I woulddn't worry about th WW scales. Either they were wrong or just a temporary aberration as your body reacted to getting sick. You know what to do and are doing it so they will come down again.
I will be waiting anxiously to hear you are OK. *hugs*

5:35 AM  
Blogger Lee-Anne said...

Hope all went well with the CT Scan. I'm glad Al's there so you have the support and cuddles. Not nice worrying on your own.

And let me say that you aren't on your own. You are so supportive and caring to all of us. It's a compliment to be able to return it.

Stick with your own scales. They are more reliable.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Chubbymum said...

Thinking about your scan hun! I hope all went well! My thoughts are with you. Big hugs

Chubbymum

4:55 PM  
Blogger philippa_moore said...

Hi Linda

Great to see you back! I agree with what everyone else has said - stuff the scales, just concentrate on the bigger picture at the moment, and all will be well in the end. You've done such an amazig job, you'll be able to cope no matter what happens.

Hope everything goes well, take care of yourself

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well with the scan and agree with the other ladies don't listen to the scales and look after number 1.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Hey Linda,
I wouldn't worry too much about what the ww scales say if your own are down - these bodies of ours can react in funny ways. I hope everything goes weel with the scan so you and Al can stop worrying!

All the best,
Cath

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home