Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Oh dear !!

Hurry up Sunday – then I am sure I will be able to stop all this eating !!!!! I have realised that Tuesday and Sunday nights without Al around, are fatal for me. Last night after pilates I got home and had a WW meal for dinner after a nice soak in the bath and then sat down to flick between CSI and Dancing with the Stars.
I could have done the washing that is waiting to be washed, I could have folded the washing that has already been washed, I could have finished off our tax returns as I received the Medicare statements in the mail yesterday, I could have worked out on my fit ball – but I did none of those things. I sat in front of the TV and ate – I had biscuits, I had the new WW salsa nibbles and then, to make myself feel better about it all, I had some dates because I hadn’t had any fruit yesterday !!!! These were on top of the two choc chip and pecan biscuits that I had eaten from the bakery around the corner from work.
Come home Al – all is forgiven !!!! I know that if he was there I wouldn’t be eating like this - I really hope it doesn’t spiral totally out of control before he gets home. It is only 4 sleeps and I will be working for 2 of those nights and K will be awake the other two (for part of the night) so hopefully I will be okay – I can’t afford to carry on like this because I know it is going to get out of control and that is when I land up just tossing the whole thing in because it gets too hard.
Part of me feels like I am getting totally paranoid about what is going into my mouth but I think that I am really scared of losing control and putting on those 20kgs that are gone – having said that, none of that stopped me from stuffing my face last night !!!! So maybe I am not as paranoid as I thought I was !!!
I have a couple of things that I am busy with tonight but I am hoping to get a work out on the fit ball before going to work tonight so that should be good.
Until next time, take care, be good and look after yourselves !

TFTD : Life is a blend of laugh and tears, a combination of rain and sunshine.

TIAGF : My parents

7 Comments:

Blogger Kt said...

Firstly, congrats on the loss this week! Secondly, don't beat yourself up! You have just lost 20kg, it sure as hell isn't going to come back on overnight. Why not make yourself some WW jelly with cut up fruit in it - something sweet to nibble if you feel boredom munchies coming on - low in pts & satisfies a sweet craving.
Al will be home soon!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Nancy Bou said...

Bring Home Al. Sounds like you miss him so much. KT is right .. why don't you have some low or zero point snacks on hand or take up a hobby!

:o)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

I sure as hell have been here! You are boredom eating. Who cares when you are lonely about all the chores. Food makes you feel like you have buddies. Try to occupy yourself. Get on the phone to someone, you can't eat and talk at the same time.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Arrrghh... don't do it. It's so easy to eat from boredom. What are you planning to do when Al gets home, are you going to have a big celebration? Maybe you should plan for that to keep your mind busy.

Btw Jules is wrong, you so can talk and eat at the same time. It's just not manners :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

I agree, I don't have any trouble eating and talking at the same time. I can eat and do anything at the same time.
Linda, there's NO way you will put that 20kg back on, even if you put 1kg back on you would turn yourself around and get back on track so don't WORRY about it, DO something about it.
Next time tell yourself if you do one load of washing you can have one biscuit, at least that way you get something done as well as eating (hopefully less eating). Then before the next biscuit you have to do something else. I know it's bad to reward yourself with food but if you're going to eat anyway then at least you're justifying it. Does that make sense?
Have a great day!
Bri

8:50 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

** HUGS ** You can do it. Perhaps you can take up knitting in front of the tv. Nothing worse than picking biscuit crumbs out of a scarf :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh hon, there is no way this is going to get out of control. You just needed a binge night and you know how to deal with it now. You have come so far and I really can't see you going backwards now. So KEEP BUSY! :-) I'm a boredom eater too.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home