Thursday, October 06, 2005

Take a chill pill Mom !

Firstly – thank you so much to everyone for your supportive comments and e-mails. I know that this is one of the reasons why blogging is such a great idea !!!
Last night I went to work after having had a really good day (food and water wise) – didn’t get to do the exercise I wanted as I was late getting back from the hairdresser and after getting dinner organised, eating, speaking to Al and then getting some washing done, I didn’t have a chance to do any but that is okay – today is another day !
Then I got to work and for some reason even though we were only working a 4 hour shift we had a break – with donuts – lots of them – cinnamon, iced, chocolate – lots of them !!! I had one because I ‘thought I deserved it’ but then had another one – not sure why because they weren’t even that nice !!!! Then the self beating up started – boy did I get myself worked up over these 2 bloody donuts. When I think about it now I realise how silly it was but at the time I thought that I had really blown the whole thing.
This morning I got up and thought about what K would say to me if she knew the conversations I had going through my head – “Take a chill pill, Mom” – and she would have been right. It was only 2 donuts. I checked the points – 2 ½ and 4 ½ - total of 7 sugar points – is that really something that I need to beat myself up over – NO !!!!!!!!! So I stopped beating myself up, counted the points in my points for the day, added them to my sugar points for the week and I am back on track.
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO for the accountability that there is in this forum !!!
And an even bigger WOOOOOHOOOOOOO for only 3 sleeps to go. I am sure that you will all be as pleased as anything when Al gets home and you don’t have to have the daily count down. It is just something that I have to put in because it is such a big part of my day and my eating – I am not saying that when he is here I am an angel but it is a lot more difficult to sit watching TV eating a packet of biscuits when someone is looking at you than when you are by yourself and nobody can see you !!!! Not that he wouldn’t let me if I wanted to but I think that most of us are having to deal with the weight problems we have not because of the food which we ate when people could see us but more for the food that we ate secretly and then hid the evidence so nobody would know.
Take care everyone, thanks again for your support, be good and treat your body with the respect it deserves !

TFTD : The great thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving.

TAIGF : Being accountable for my actions

11 Comments:

Blogger jak said...

SO true about the difference of eating in secret than in eating out where everyone can see you. It's a huge part of this whole thing for many of us, that's for sure.

Yay only 3 sleeps to go!

Good on you for waking up this morning and stopping the negativity over last nights donuts. You've accounted for them, so you're acknowledging them and that is so important. Once Al is home and you are feeling a bit more in control, you should read back through these posts because I think maybe you haven't gone quite as nuts as you think you have. Sure you haven't been perfect but just because you've reached goal doesn't mean suddenly all your food issues have gone out the window. It will take time - but you're working on it and acknowledging it, and that is all you can ask of yourself. You will never put that weight back on unless you let yourself, unless you make the choice to stop caring about yourself - and I don't think you will do that. It's hard because you are still learning to feel really in control, as Dr Phil would say you're still "white-knuckling" it, but you will get there in the end!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I am so glad to read that you stopped beating yourself up and are back on track now. YAY for accountability. Once you acknowledge something, you can deal with it. You're ace Linda!!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

donuts schmonuts, like u said, only 7pts, thats not so bad! I'm glad you aren't beating yourself up anymore too, the odd cake is part of like!

7:19 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO he will be home soon. I agree about the secret eating. It has always been my downfall. You are also right about the accountabilty here. We will be on your back if this continues next week. OK????

8:08 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Well done for being accountable to yourself, that's great! And yay, only 3 more sleeps!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Isn't it so annoying when we eat something and then regret it and it isn't even that nice anyway. Yay for only 3 sleeps!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Lee-Anne said...

I really feel for you. I know I could not have spent anytime apart from my darling. Togetherness is what its all about and you and Al are not together at the moment. You've been pining and thats going to change REAL SOON. I never had that togetherness in my first marriage and now that I do have it I can't be without it.

So I suppose we won't be hearing from you too much for awhile while you lovebirds get reacquainted.

Have a brilliant time.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

2 more sleeps to go now!!!!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Well done on being accountable. The secret eating is only secret to everyone else, but not to you, and not to the scales. I think I am just working this out too :)

Yay for only 3 more sleeps. It is so exciting as it gets closer.

I hope you have a lovely, donut free day. :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Briony said...

TWO MORE SLEEPS!!! yay Linda how exciting. Good that you've pushed away the bad feelings about the donuts, it's not like you ate 12 of them and you counted for them by putting them in your daily points.
Have a great day and be good to yourself.
Bri

12:52 PM  
Blogger Learning Leaders said...

Hey Linda - That is totally tru it is our sneaky eating that causes the problem and the difficult thing is just because noone else sees it doesn't mean it doesn't exist - so you should be really proud that you checked the points and added it in. My leader always says - you can have just about anything you want as long as you count your points, budget for it and do some extra exercise if need be. Good on you and hope you have a grand weekend.lb

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home