Friday, October 07, 2005

I feel so good !!!!

Just a quick update today to say thank you again for all your support – I am (and I know I shouldn’t be because this is what we do for each other !!!) blown away by your support and I can only say a huge big THANK YOU !!!
I woke up this morning with a dreadful headache (oh no – hope it is gone by Sunday !!) but felt really good about myself and maybe the fact that Al is nearly home has something to do with it as well !!!!! During the past week I have received quite a few compliments (some from unexpected sources) and I am learning to accept them and say thank you instead of cringing and trying to hide away.
I am feeling good in the clothes I am wearing – some of my new clothes are getting a little baggy so I am going to have to keep an eye on that as I don’t want to get too thin and look like I am sick. While I would love to get down to about 58kgs, I don’t think that is a realistic weight for me to be and so I have accepted that I am at the best weight that I can be. The other weekend when I cleared out all my 'fat' clothes, I came across some sleeveless tops - two of which were brand new and had never been worn (I bought them in the winter of 2000 and when summer came around I had put on too much weight and they didn't fit !!) and the other 3 are from South Africa - never been worn in Australia !!!! The two new ones are fine (I just need to get over wearing sleeveless tops as I am still not 100% comfortable with wearing no sleeves) but the 3 from South Africa are now too big !!!!! Will have to see if my Mom can take them in a little for me.
Yesterday I had a great day – food wise, water wise and exercise wise – YAY for me !!!!!!! I managed to get a good work out on the fit ball in front of the TV and will do the same tonight while the cricket is on. We have a couple of things planned for the weekend – of course the most exciting thing will be the end result of the trip to the airport on Sunday morning !!!!!
I am sorry that I haven’t managed to catch up on much blog reading this week but last night I had the option of jumping on the computer or doing some exercise and, dare I say it, the exercise won !!!! Al may start to wonder where his wife went and who has been left in her place !!!!!! I think I have finally realised that if I want to feel and look good I need to make sure that I keep the exercise happening and if it means that I don’t get to read blogs or my book or something else that I want to do – so be it, because, in the long run, I feel so much better once I have had the exercise that it has a positive snowball effect on everything else in my life.
Take care everyone, have a great weekend and be good !!! I will catch up with everyone as I get the chance.

TFTD : Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.

TIAGF : 2 sleeps to go

9 Comments:

Blogger jak said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better about things and are back on track Linda - and only 2 sleeps, how exciting!!!

I think it's fabulous that exercise is 'winning' as a priority, it's really very inspiring. :)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

the fact that exercise is a priority is not a bad thing, u should be proud, have a fab wknd, i know u will as your best friend is home on sunday :)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Have a wonderful Sunday when your Dear Al comes home. You are a good girl for exercising instead of blogging!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great Sunday!!!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

If the rest of us exercised instead of blogging we'd probably all be skinnier!

ONE MORE SLEEP!! yay yay yay

Don't expect to hear much from you for the next week, enjoy yourself, have a fantastic time, don't worry too much about anything, just enjoy having your darling Al home!

Take care and have a fabulous week,
Bri

9:01 AM  
Blogger jak said...

1 sleep to go!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

LOL at the exercise coming first. That is a great place you are in. You are sounding more positive and it has been easy to track the increase with the decrease in the amount of days till Al comes home. This is the 2nd trip away and you have proved to yourself that you can do it, but I wish for you that each time the trip can be shorter so that it is not as bad.

1 more sleep to go :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Kellee said...

Wow! Such determination! Good on you. And don't feel bad about counting down - I think you are such a trooper for coping so well while Al is away. I know I could never do as well as you have if Tom went away. I hope you enjoy your time together, and, as M said, the trips are shorter and shorter. Have fun!

(Thanks for your comments, too. I wish I had known about you coming to Caloundra - as it turns out, I could have got you some freebies! I didn't know about this when we did the GC show - I'm really sorry about that. I promise you'll be on top of my list for any free tickets for any shows I have coming up! Thanks for your support. You're lovely!)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Linda, you are such a great support to all of us also. You are one of my favourite bloggers!! I am glad you are learning how to just say thank you. You are gorgeous both inside and out. You are going great guns and this post is so cool and positive :-)

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home