Sunday, October 02, 2005

Sunday - over already

Another weekend down and only 7 sleeps to go !!!! A pretty uneventful weekend as weekends go - went for an hours walk before going to the mall for muffins yesterday (had spinach and feta) and then on to the dr for the results of the blood tests earlier this week. All good except my iron level is very low (contributing to me being so tired lately) and my cholesterol is too low - have you ever heard of that, because I haven’t !!!!
Then we did some more shopping - size 12’s - off the rack - that fit very nicely, thank you very much !!! Before going to the library and then onto a display home which I could quite easily move into tomorrow !!! At least we have 2 x $5 tickets in it so we have as a good a chance as anyone else with 2 x $5 tickets !!!
We bought some foot long subways for lunch and dinner yesterday (had some buy 1 get 1 free vouchers). Plus I bought some sweet and savoury biscuits - had some of the savoury biscuits after work last night while I was watching a movie but only had 4 so felt good about that.
This morning I got up and had breakfast (muesli and yoghurt) and then went for a 20km cycle - when I started out I was going to cycle from where we live to Broadbeach as my folks were at the market there - got as far as the Sundale Bridge and turned to go towards Main Beach when I realised that there had been a bit of a tail wind with me and there was no ways I would be able to cycle back from Broadbeach into that wind so went and sat at the beach for a while and Al and I sent some sms’s back and forth before I headed for home. Boy am I glad I didn’t go any further - about 3kms from home I wondered if I would have to get off and push my bike the rest of the way (if Al had been with me he could have cycled home and got the car with the bike rack and come back to pick me up !!!) - I remembered something that I had read in Hillary Clinton's book about when things get tough you have to just keep on going and I held onto that thought the rest of the way home. I did stop to look at the Broadwater on the way home and had a Diet Coke and an Aero but I didn’t feel the least bit guilty after the hard cycle that I was having !!!! Probably not the right attitude to have to eating sweet things but it isn’t as though I eat a chocolate every time I exercise. My legs could really feel it when I got home.
Then popped out this evening to see my folks and some friends and came home and spoke to Al before they were going out to dinner - he is pleased to be on his last Sunday in Taipei for a while.
Am half watching the Cowboys - Tigers game and am very disappointed that Tigers are leading - maybe the Cowboys can pull something out the hat in the last 12 minutes !
Have just remembered that I have a load of washing to do so will be off to do that then all the washing is done and I can start the week with an empty wash basked !!!
Have a great week everyone, take care and be good !

TFTD : Opportunities are usually disguised by hard work, so many people don’t recognise them.

TIAGF : The enjoyment of cycling

3 Comments:

Blogger Briony said...

Three minutes to go Linda and I don't think the cowboys can do it, i'm sorry to say. Glad to hear you had a good weekend, crikey I couldn't cycle 50 metres never mind the amount that you did. Good on you.
Have a fantastic and very quick week!
Bri

8:55 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

When I had my last blood tests my cholestrols were a bit low - the good cholestrols that is. My doctor didn't suggest how to improve things though (I guess more olive oil etc)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oooh, spinach and feta muffins sound delish! I should try find some (or make them). Good going on the cycle. What's the Hillary Clinton book called? I really like her and her positive attitude and grace.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home