Sunday, August 27, 2006

Good-bye and good luck

Where to start – I don’t know when last I posted and I can’t even check as blogspot sites have been blocked by the company. So, while I wait for Kaitlin to finish her baby-sitting module for tonight I thought I would try to get a post going that I could load sometime when I am at home and the PC is actually working. The lack of a working computer at home is giving me grey hairs – I really feel quite cut off from my blogging friends.

I am glad that I made the decision not to blog from my new job (made easier by the fact that I can’t access any blogspot journals) because even if I could access them, I wouldn’t have had a chance. It has been go go go since I started here a month ago and I am battling to catch my breath during the day never mind anything else. It is certainly a HUGE learning curve for me – there are some issues I am responsible for that I haven’t looked at since I studied them about 15 years ago and I am getting quite a few headaches trying to work out how they do things and what I need to do. The lady before me was a great believer in the ‘paperless’ office and so there is no paper trail to try to follow for anything. But, I knew it was going to be a challenge and I need to remember to cut myself some slack in this regard.

I had a great time in Sydney – worked my time in to get the afternoon off for the CHEAP flight I had booked before I started this job. Arrived safe and sound and was met by the lovely M. We got to her home and had a quiet evening chatting in between blowing up I can’t remember how many balloons for the party on Saturday. M’s in-laws arrived to spend the weekend as well. I took myself off on Saturday morning (the thought of 16 children under the age of 5 did not really appeal and while D and O are lovely children – I don’t’ know if I could have handled many more at one time !) and spent a wonderful day with Mary and Daniel who very kindly met and entertained me. We went to the Paddington and Glebe markets and had a great time wandering around browsing through the stalls. We made some great purchases and found that we have quite similar tastes in jewellery (which I found rather strange given how different we are). I saw some lovely earrings which I was very tempted to buy but in the end didn’t because I thought that they were a little too dainty for me. I managed to get into and out of town on the train without getting myself lost so that was good. In the afternoon I timed my entry back home very well and got there just as the cleaning up was nearly finished – I did get to wash some dishes so didn’t feel too awful about not being there the rest of the day !

After a bit of a sit down it was time to get ready to go to Circular Quay for the bloggers dinner. Mary really did a great job organising the evening.

3 days later ……
I can finally get back to finishing this post and hopefully getting it onto blogspot.

Thank you Mary for the fantastic effort you put into organising the dinner – the setting was great and the people were wonderful. It was so good to finally meet some people whom I feel I have been friends with for ages and also to get to meet people I had only recently ‘met’ on the internet.

Due to a lot of factors in my life at the moment, this post (as the title says) is also to say good-bye – not forever but just until things have slowed down a little and I am back on track. I feel dreadful about not being able to catch up on blogs and I am not patient enough to sit at home for hours on end waiting for our nearly dead computer to load sites and allow me to (or maybe not !) comment.

I would like to wish you all the very best as you continue along your journey –whether it be weight-loss, motherhood, career or just being yourself. Remember to be good to yourself and to love yourself – because you are all worth it. Thank you for the support you have given me over the past 18 months – I know that I wouldn’t have got to goal without it. I am only an e-mail away if anyone wants to chat or wants some advice and I am more than happy to help you if at all possible.

Take care and be good !

3 days later ......
Finally, I have managed to get the PC up and running to allow me to post this entry !!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ails said...

All the best for you too Linda. Look after yourself Hun and hoping will see you around Blogland some time soon xxx

9:38 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Best of luck. It was great meeting you in Sydney. Hope work goes well for you - I'm sure it will all click into place real soon - and I don't need to even wish you luck with the weight/maintaining thing because I know you've truly mastered it!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Good luck!! Take care and thanks for the support you given me but also heaps of others:)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

Hope all goes wonderfully well for you too. Bye for now xx

10:40 AM  
Blogger Briony said...

Oh now I got the bloglines update! I sent you an email. Hope to hear from you soon if you have time.
Bri

8:56 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

One of the most wonderful things this weight loss journey has given us (besides the wonderful friends we meet along the way) is the new found confidence to get out in the world and take on new challenges, meet new people, step outside our comfort zones and learn to live in the real world as a force to be reckoned with.

That is what you are. A force. You are a wonderful, caring, loving, funny, down to earth person that I am so happy to have had the opportunity to meet and to learn from. Your advice has always been sage as you are not someone who feels sorry for yourself, nor are you into 'blowing smoke up peoples butt'. You say it like it is, wrapped in a cushion of understanding.

There will come a time when we all need different things from our life and the balance of what we want and how we all fit it in will come to play. This is your balance now. It may not always be. As work eases, as you are able to get a new pc with faster speeds, as you have the desire to vent and share, these things will change the balance and just because you say good bye now, it does not mean that you are never allowed to say hello again.

Take care lovely lady, I will be in contact via email and the phone xx

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

take care linda, I will be in touch via email at some stage :)

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was really great to meet you Linda (at the Blogger's Dinner) I know how frustrating it can be when you just fight for ages with the PC and in the end just give up!

I have loved reading your posts and have definately found a lot of inspiration and motivation from you!

Wishing you all the very best.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Julie's Journey said...

Better late than never I say. Good luck Linda with your journey. I have appreciated your support and meeting you at the first lunch was a really rewarding experience. It is kind of sad that everyone seems to be moving on, but I now that is normal and has to happen. Take care and keep in touch if you can.
*hugs*
julie

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home