Thursday, July 27, 2006

Quick post

Just thought I would post a short entry to let you know that I am doing well this week. I got back on track on Monday and have been under points (on the Wendy plan) every day since. My food groups may not have been the best but I have eaten more veggies and planned my dinners so that I didn’t get home and get caught with the “What are we going to have for dinner tonight ?” dilemma.

I have been for one really good walk on Monday night - Al cycled alongside me for part of the way - then cycled off, came back and cycled all the way home with me. With Al cycling next to me I was able to see that I was walking at approximately 7kph and the sections that I ran, I was running at about 10kph. Tuesday saw me have a great pilates class. Last night it was off to chiro (not happy with my back in it’s current state so have to go back next week) and tonight we had parent / teacher interviews at school. It was good to hear that her teachers are all VERY happy with her and wish they had more kids like her to teach. While we knew that she had done well having achieved academic honours for the first semester, it is always good to hear that the teachers are happy with her performance as well. The teacher who took her on Outward Bound (and teaches her maths as well) couldn’t speak highly enough of her. So we both felt very proud to be her parents and I realise that, while there are times when I question my parenting skills, I have to think that I can’t be doing too bad a job !!!

My new job is going well - a little over whelming - but I think that is to be expected in a new job. I am sure that once I have mastered the financial package and the management account package that they use, it will be great.

We have been out to dinner once this week and are going out to friends on Saturday night - I will do the best that I can while I am there and make the best choices that I can when I have to. The scale is showing me a really nice number and this has been very motivating for me to continue to make good choices - even down to eating some dried dates when we got together for morning tea on Tuesday !!!! My water drinking hasn’t happened yet but I figure that if I work on one thing at a time I am more likely to succeed !!!!

Take care everyone and have a great week. I will try to get around to reading some blogs on the weekend.

9 Comments:

Blogger michelle said...

Glad to hear you ar eback in control. It is a much better feeling isn't it? Congrats on K's interviews. You deserve to be feeling proud of her, she is a beautiful, intelligent and obviously hard working young lady. Have a good weekend with your friends and family.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Mel. said...

good to see your getting back in control and your week has been fairly busy.
have a great week.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

That's a great feeling to be back in control - I've just had one of those days too!

You must be so proud of K. She is doing so well.

enjoy your weekend

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Well done with the walking and running. 7kph is a great speed - I always get complacent when walking and drop back to strolling speed.

And well done with K. Andrew was hopeless academically and I always wondered what it would be like to have a kid who got *good* reports. Still he pulled his finger out enough to get into uni and that's the main thing :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

YAY Linda! Planning definitely makes things easier and back in control!! Enjoy your weekend :-)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

Good for you, it's great to hear that you're back on track. Have a great weekend!
Bri

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is going well and that you are in control, hope you are having a great week!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

Glad to hear u are on track & doing well :) K sounds like the dream daughter!
hope you are having a great week :)

Kt

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so good to meet you on Saturday night can't wait to hear all about the C2S and hope you are recovering well and had a safe trip back home.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home