Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Raring to go !

I hope that everyone had a great Easter break. We had a great time – went walking in the Lamington National Park at Binna Burra. Our 15km bush walk turned into a 17.2km bush / road walk as we changed our mind along the way and landed up 2.2kms down the road from where we had parked the car !!! The 2.2km road walk wouldn’t have been too bad except that it was probably one of the steepest roads I have ever had to walk up !!!! Never mind – it was good exercise plus we stretched when we got to the car and so had no problems with my calves the next day.

The weekend saw us getting a few chores around the house done – my sanding is coming along and I have one bench completely finished – now it is a case of finishing off the other three benches and then getting the table completed. Al is just about there with the vanity – only waiting on a piece of wood for the plinth and then that is completed – YAY !!!!!!

We were going to cycle to Broadbeach on Sunday but only landed up going about 10kms as the weather was really yucky and didn’t make for a pleasant ride so turned around, went home and carried on with the sanding and vanity !!!

We were going to do another walk yesterday but woke up after a dreadful night of not much sleep and thought that I had too many little things to get finished around the house and so didn’t go. While I did want to go and try out some things that we had bought, I am glad we didn’t because I did manage to get quite a few things done which have I have been putting off doing.

On the weight front, I am showing a 2.2kg gain since I last posted my weight on 6th March. This is largely due to hot x buns and the junk I have been eating over the past couple of weeks. We did the Easter egg thing on Sunday – K had bought us each those smartie eggs so I had the good bunny I bought and the one she gave me. On Sunday I sat and at the smartie egg and then last night I ate my bunny – I thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful of the bunny but have to say that by the end of it I was feeling decided green around the gills. I also had pizza for dinner (Al offered to make a roast !) and some speckled eggs which we had got from the Easter bunny !!! But, today I am back on track. I woke up this morning and organized my breakfast and while I was eating pulled out my tracker and have written down the food I have with me for the day. We will have the roast that Al wanted last night for dinner tonight with lots of veggies. I have brought my lunch (kindly made my Al !) and my fruit and my snack for morning tea. I feel like I am in control of what I am doing and that can only be a good thing. Long may it last !!!! I am off to pilates tonight and then home for dinner and off to work – we have another extra shift this week due to the holiday yesterday. It should be a great night for packing as the shelves will be sooooooooooo empty !

I am not sure what has happened to flick the switch for me to feel more motivated but I wish I could capture it so that I can use it when required in the future. Hopefully I will be able to drop a few kilos before the switch flicks back to the unmotivated, couldn’t care less person that I have been over the past few weeks. Thanks again for all the support and the positive energy that you guys are so good about giving. And Bri, thanks for the kick !!!!

TFTD : What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other.

TAIGF : The long weekend we have just had

7 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn said...

Yum, roast. How lucky are you, having it made for you.

Easter is a hard time, it seems to be all about the chocolate. Congrats for getting back on track and for that huge bush walk.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

You are doing well to be so motivated. LOL, yes it would be good to use it like a switch.
Glad you had a nice Easter.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Glad you had a good weekend, and glad you are feeling more motivated :-)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Easter is such a hard holiday period to keep focussed - good luck:)

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for being on Track and in Control, sounds like you had a great Easter Weekend!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

Al sounds like such a darling, cooking roasts, making lunches! what a huge walk it turned out to be, what a fantastic effort :)
glad u enjoyed your easter chocolate too, easter comes but once a year!
take care :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Briony said...

Any time my friend, you've given me a few so it's only fair I give you some back! Glad to hear you did well today. Thanks again for your call, I really appreciate your support.
Bri

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home