Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Day 1

After the lengthy post yesterday, this one will definitely be a lot shorter. I didn’t have a very good night last night (note to self – don’t get on the PC when getting home from Coles except to Skype Al to say goodnight !!!) – finally into bed at about 2.15am and then the rain kept me awake because of the noise on the awning outside the bedroom door. Hopefully I will be able to have an early night tonight.

YAY – back to pilates tonight. I have really missed the ladies from the class as we always have lots to laugh about while we are busy working out. It has been 4 weeks since I last went and it seems like forever ago. I will be really pleased to get back into it again.

Last night at work my iPod died on me – hope it isn’t anything too drastic. Must remember to ask Al what things I can check to see if I can get it going again otherwise it will be a trip back to the store for them to sort it out. Hopefully it will just be something small although it just stopped playing in the middle of a song so who knows what it could be.

This is Day 1 of my endeavours to lost 3-5kgs. While I am still in size 12's, I would like to see how I look with just a few more kilos gone. For me to do this before Al gets back I need to lose 500g - 800g per week - I am sure I can do that if I put my mind to it. So that is my 6 week challenge. Foodwise I have had a great day today. Got up this morning (late because I kept on ‘snoozing’ the alarm) but I still made myself have breakfast and make my sandwich for lunch (what a good girl !!!!). I popped out at lunch time and bought some more clothes !!!!! Then got a Zero Coke – I am still trying to make up my mind if I like it more than the Diet Pepsi or not – can’t be too bad if I can’t make up my mind !!!!!

I nearly had to send Al back to Taiwan again !!!!! (Am sure he would be really happy to read that sentence – NOT !!!). I am having a really cr*ppy time at work with having been off and now into financial year end and this morning I was ready to just walk out except that it was absolutely bucketing down with rain !!!! I think if it had been clear weather I would have just picked up my bags and walked out – I was that frustrated and angry with the incompetence of some people. Anyway, I have calmed down now and so Al can stay next time when he gets home (am sure he will be pleased to read this sentence – REALLY !!!).

That is just about my lunch time finished so had better get back to the grindstone – take care everyone and be good !

TFTD : May our faults be written on the seashore, and every good deed be a wave to wash them out.

TIAGF : The rain which is keeping our garden looking lovely and green

8 Comments:

Blogger Briony said...

I have only just tried the Zero Coke this morning. I think I like it too. I'm normally a Pepsi light or Pepsi Max drinker. Listen to us, conisseurs of diet colas!! haha
Sounds like you just need to charge your iPod. Mine does that when the battery is flat. Try this link http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/faqs/
Good luck!
Bri

1:45 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I have always just preferred the taste of D.coke to Coke so am sticking to it for the moment.

Love your TFTD.

Your plan sounds sane and sensible and do-able. Have fun doing it :D

Have a great day

2:00 PM  
Blogger philippa_moore said...

Hi Linda! Happy New Year!

I tried zero coke the other day and didn't mind it. I have always preferred diet coke though, so I reckon I'll stick to it too, like M!

Thanks for staying in touch while you were in Taiwan, it was great reading about all your adventures.

Stay well, take care xx

3:40 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

That sounds like a great goal before Al gets back. Is your trouble sleeping because he's away, or are you a bit more used to that now?

5:52 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

HAd a bad night here to..rain an dto much thinking all night long. Haven't got myself into work today yet but I sympathise with how you were feeling> Don't quit though, just take a few deep breaths and don't let the fools get you down. Extra retail therapy always helps as well.

7:21 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

This weather is so annoying isn't it. Once day hot, the next rainy. Seems very weird all over the place.

Good luck with losing those extra kilos. Will you be sticking to points or trying NoCount?

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Hey old buddy. Hope you are having a ripper start to the new year. Catch up soon

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Mmm, I hear that phrase *time management* coming up with your blogging habits too! LOL :-) I hope the work frustrations have sorted themselves out. I know that feeling of incompetence gone too far!

Dan's really into the new Coke Zero and he's sussed it out. Ingredients list is very very close and it looks like they just changed the flavouring content which is lower on the list now. Maybe they want to phase out Diet Coke because Zero is more hip??

Sorry I've been distant but I'm catching up today!!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home