Friday, November 11, 2005

Feeling good

I am feeling thinner today – don’t know if it is because the scales told me that this morning or the fact that my work pants seem to be sitting even lower on my hips – but whatever the reason, I am happy with how I look today. Of course, that may change tomorrow when I am off to buy some more jeans so I don’t get cold in Taiwan but, for now, I am feeling good.
I was walking to the chocolate machine which is on the other side of the campus but on the way there, I realised that I was only eating because it was there and not because I really needed, or for that matter, particularly wanted a chocolate – so I turned around and came back to the office. I have to say that while I am proud of the fact that I didn’t just buy it and eat it anyway – there are many occasions when I am not nearly that strong and eat things just because they are there – the worst reason in the world to eat something.
Tonight we have the Sports Awards Dinner at school. I have absolutely no idea of what sort of dinner they will be serving – although at $21 per person (children too !) I hope that it is something worthwhile. I was wondering what I could eat during the day to make sure that I had enough points for whatever was served and then realised that I didn’t have to make my life a misery worrying about that – life goes on and I have to just work around what is dished up. I am sure I can do that.
I have to say that how I feel today is a good motivator for me to watch myself over the weekend – this morning I was sitting at 3.6kg below my goal weight so there is definitely some room to play with on my holiday and for Christmas – so long as I can keep it around about there for the next 4 weeks !!
Congratulations to
M on the birth of her nephew and to Lynda on the birth of her grandson – I hope that they both enjoy happy and fruitful lives.
Take care everyone – have a great weekend and remember to be happy with yourself and what you are doing because it is only when we are happy with ourselves that we can make others happy too.

TFTD : Happiness is in the heart, not in the circumstances.


TIAGF : The recognition of K’s accomplishments

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

You are such a beautiful woman and I am so glad you are still blogging. You write about things that help me and give me another perspective. I hope you have a great weekend!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

3.6kg below goal! thats great, you certainly do have some room to move! hope you had a great evening & the dinner was nice!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Well done avoiding the chocolate. Hope the dinner went well - congratulations to your daughter.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

Hope the dinner went well!!
Good on you for not buying the choc when you knew you didn't really want it:)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Thanks Linda *mwah*

Well done on bypassing the chocolate machine. If I was honest with myself I would have to say I am having a lot of the same difficulties you are / were having in passing the choc machine, saying no at doughnut time etc. I don't think I was to admit it to myself.

You sound so much happier today and I am looking forward to having a look at the photos I passed on the way down to this post LOL. See you in a sec.

1:18 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

Linda you are over 3 kg below goal!! Amazing...and you are in such a good position pre holiday an dxmas.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home