Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday night update

We have just got back from our evening out - had a LOVELY time. The only thing was that dinner was a little rushed as we had to get to the movie by 6.45pm. But anyway, we made it. I had tomato tortellini - unfortunately I didn’t ask if it was a tomato based sauce and it came out as a creamy sauce with sun dried tomatoes in it - what to do but eat and enjoy. We didn’t have time to go anywhere else and I couldn’t really afford to pay for something else. I thoroughly enjoyed it so will do what I can to minimise the extra points I would have used. Actually, have no idea how many points it would have been but thought if I said 11 or 12 I would be safe as I didn’t eat the whole serving. We saw Mr and Mrs Smith - very light and entertaining (or in K’s words - rathe action packed !!) - I enjoyed it except for the bit when they were fighting and he was hitting and kicking her - that really didn’t appeal to me at all. I don’t suppose they could have left it out but just don’t like the fact that it had to be included to make sense of the story (to a certain extent).
Got home and have just got off the phone from Al. They didn’t work today as it was a typhoon holiday - second typhoon in two weeks.

Last night a friend at Coles told me about her brother-in-law who had been in an accident in Christchurch where a car hit him from behind and then landed up flipping over and landing on his car roof. She said that they had to cut the car in 3 places to get him out and it was only because he was a small man that he had survived but he has extensive injuries and will probably be in hospital for quite a while. This got me thinking and then I thought about Kim and then Mary’s friends and I realised that, while it is difficult with Al away, I have so much to be thankful for. What is the point of sitting at home and behaving like a sookie-la-la when I should be doing what I can to enjoy life.
So - my weekend plans so far - off to the doctor in the morning, then the library, then to Marina Mirage (because K wants to go there - not sure why - just because) and on Sunday we are going to friends for a late lunch early dinner BBQ. I have also promised myself some exercise - haven’t decided what yet as it depends on the weather. My shift at Coles tomorrow night is 6-9 or 10 and I have promised to look at some medical aid stuff for my folks and do their tax return for them. Maybe I should do ours at the same time although I think that I probably won’t feel like it and will put it off for another day.
Thanks for reading. While I always felt that I wanted this to be inspirational for people reading it and not just an account of my day, I really miss the e-mails I used to send to my folks telling them about what we had done. Now I get to tell them in person but I still enjoy the therapy of typing - sounds strange I know but, hey, that’s me !!!! So from now on, my blogs may change a little - for those who like the change - thank you for continuing to come back and leave the beautiful comments that you do and for those who don’t like the change, I want to say that I am sorry that I have changed but this is something that I need to do for me, so thank you for stopping by and take care in the future.

TFTD : Remember, happiness doesn’t depend on who you are or what you have, it depends solely upon what you think.

TIAGF : Being alive

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I would have expected a tomato tortellini to be tomato based too!? But glad you ate it and enjoyed it. I loved Mr & Mrs Smith. They just so happen to be two of my most favourite actors too. Very cool people. I loved the humour in that film.

I agree with not sitting at home and being sooky. I had to pull myself out of it too. My friends are hurt but sitting at home sooking isn't going to help them. What a week, month! So many accidents I am hearing about. Realising that life still goes on and to enjoy it is prescious.

Great weekend ahead chook! :-)

8:29 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a brilliant post. Be assured that I will be back, reading, nodding, smiling, crying, perhaps at different times or perhaps all at the same time. It is interesting to see what you do during a day because it is those things that lead to triggers that cause us to overeat, or to put into practice the great lessons we are learning. And if you can learn from something, then I can too. Like now, I will know that a tomato tortellini is cream based and I will be sure not to order that :)

Hope you have a great day and whilst it is OK to miss Al, it is great that you will look for something else to do whilst you are missing him :)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home