Friday, July 29, 2005

Morning of pampering

Yesterday I landed up going home before lunch as I had such a headache – actually I wasn’t even going to go to work in the first place but I had to get the Fiji accounts and budgets sorted out so as soon as that was finished I left. Phoned my folks to see if they could arrange for their chiro to see me as mine is a bit of a hike away. They did and he could – what a relief after he had adjusted me. Went home and spent the afternoon on the bed before K got home and I had to take her to the mall to get the things she needed for the second half of her athletics carnival. She was all nervous this morning saying one of the teachers had walked past her yesterday and said “We are all counting on you tomorrow” – I told her (as we always do) to just do her best – as long as she has given it her best shot, we are proud of her achievements so she went off to school this morning feeling a bit better.
She was supposed to go to the school disco tonight but a couple of them have decided to have a sleep over instead sooooooooo I will be all by myself tonight. She was already in bed last night when she lifted her head up and asked “Mom, will you be alright by yourself because I can tell Bianca I can’t make it if you would like me to stay with you” – told her I would be fine. Then she said “What about muffins tomorrow morning ? Will you be alright to buy just one ?” Told her I would be fine and that I would take my book and sit and watch the people and just enjoy myself.
Then I got to thinking – I got a gift voucher for my birthday from Al’s brother and family so thought I would see if I could make an appointment for tomorrow morning while K is at her friend’s house – that way I could go there without feeling guilty about leaving K on her own. So phoned this morning and am booked in for an hour facial and an hour massage – how cool is that going to be ???????????????? I can’t wait !!!!! Probably won’t have time for my muffin – oh well, some sacrifices have to be made for the good of the cause !!!!!!! Maybe I could get the muffin as a take away and eat it on the way – cancel that idea – I want to enjoy it not just scoff it down in the car – maybe we can do muffins on Sunday. The trouble with that is my body will think it is Saturday because we ALWAYS have muffins on Saturday !!! Imagine not coming in to work on Monday and when they ask why tell them “But my body thought it was Sunday” !!!!!
On the food front – I was way under points yesterday – probably because I spent the best part of the afternoon on the bed but will save them as my friend Andrea is coming around tomorrow night for dinner with her sister and her brother – should be a good evening plus I am sure that I will enjoy cooking seeing as it has been a while since I did any entertaining !!!
Haven’t done any exercise this week apart from pilates and 12 hours of packing shelves – maybe I will get around to some on the weekend but am not going to be busting a gut putting pressure on myself about it. I believe that our bodies tell us when they have had enough and my headache yesterday was the first sign for me to take things a little more easily.
Am going to my folks for dinner tonight – Mom asked what would be my favourite thing to have – really wanted to say PIZZA but said chicken and veggies !!!! Dad cooks some mean chicken on the Weber – I miss Al not being at home to do it. I can’t be bothered making a fire to cook for the two of us (apart from the fact that I have absolutely no idea of how to operate his Weber – how many coals to stick in, how long to cook the chicken for, should the lid be on or off , should the valve thing be open or shut, or how long it would take me to get all of the above done !!!) Anyway, won’t be staying there too late as I am going to go home, run a lovely bath, use some of my birthday smellies, take the phone off the hook, get my book and take a nice long uninterrupted bath without someone calling out to me for something !!!!! I am so looking forward to it already !!!!
I seem to have rambled on about nothing here today – hope you all have a fantastic weekend – take care and be good !!!!

Remember you are the one who makes the choices about what you want to achieve and when you want to achieve that goal - if you are going to do something you know you shouldn't, ask yourself if postponing your goal is worth making the wrong choice, if it is - enjoy what you are doing. If it isn't, try to make a better choice. At the end of the day, I guess I am just saying "Do the best that you can and make the best informed decision that you can."

TFTD : Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.

TIAGF : The opportunity to take a long, uninterrupted soak in the bath and read my book

13 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Good luck to Kaitlin for sports day and how lucky are you to have booked in a facial. How luxurious. It is not often you will have this uninterrupted time to yourself. I only hope your email doesn't beep when you get messages, so that this message doesn't disturb you. Enjoy your day and have a wonderful day tomorrow :)

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Linda,

Thanks for posting on to my site, will definately let you know how I get on with the book and hope you have a great relaxing weekend, sure sounds like you will.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Kt said...

ooooo i bet u can't wait for the appointment!! You'll feel so nice & pampered afterwards :) Your daughter is so sweet, checking that you'll be ok! Hope u enjoy dinner at the parents & weldone on not suggesting pizza!!!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

That was a lovely gift voucher to receive. Hope you enjoy it. Certainly sounds relaxing.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend...sounds lush

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the pampering! What a sweet daughter you have.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I keep saying this but you're such a great mum who is so supportive and a great inspiration! How wonderful K was to ask if you'd be alright without her too. She is so considerate. You should be doubly proud. I hope you enjoyed our facial (I think you would have had it by now when I am reading this), it's so nice to get pampered by someone else every once in a while and even better to have a bathtub.

Love the TFTD today :-)

Have a great evening hon!

4:08 PM  
Blogger michelle said...

You really deserve that facial and massage. Your daughter does sound lovely to be so caring. Must have got it from you. You are right to let your body have a rest and a pampering. It has earned it. Enjoy the sunshine and keep those shadows away.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Ooh, lucky you. Hope you enjoyed your pampering. I'm hanging out for pay day so I can get a massage.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Nice new blog. Whooo Hooooo. :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Love the new look Linda and it's great to see your stats on the side. I always like looking at people's stats to see how their going :-)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Love the new look! Love the long post. Love that you sound happy and inspired and sounds like you will have had a really nice weekend :-)

11:25 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Aww, it's great to see a gorgeous photo on your profile now too so everytime you post, we *see* you too :-)

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home