Thursday, July 28, 2005

What I have realised

The other night I was sitting at home having a pity party by myself I started to think about my weight loss – well that made it even worse because (being the “hard on myself” person that I am) I felt that I hadn’t lost enough weight and was just fiddle farting around and not getting a move on with things. The long and the short of that night was I went to bed feeling rather lousy.
Yesterday when I popped out at lunch time I happened to catch sight of myself in a shop window (yes, those things that we all avoid at any cost !!) – and I stopped and went back (because I had walked past a few steps by the time the realization sank in) – I have lost weight and my butt is definitely not as big as it used to be. When I got home I pulled out my WW book and had a look back to when I went back to following the programme in April – then I worked out that I had lost just on 8kgs since then (which is about 0.6kg per week) and wondered why on earth I was thinking that it wasn’t coming off fast enough. I know that we never think it is fast enough of us but considering the two week holiday and the 40th birthday I didn’t think that I had done too badly.
At the end of the day there will always be people who are better off than us, but, there will always be people who are having a worse time than we are - I am grateful that I am somewhere in the middle.
Take care everyone and have a great day !

TFTD : Fifty years from now it will not matter what kind of car you drove, what kind of house you lived in, how much you had in your bank account or what your clothes looked like. But the world may be a little better because you were important in the life of a child.
(I have a framed posted with this hanging in my kitchen and I love to stand there having a drink of water and reading it – no matter that I know it by heart, I still enjoy reading it)


TIAGF : A wonderful daughter, who never keeps quiet for a minute

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Cool thought for the day! And don't be so hard on yourself - even if you can't see it sometimes, we all know how awesome you are, and how well you have done!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh hon, I am sorry to hear you went to bed feeling lousy the other night. Negative self talk sure can rear it's ugly head at the most inopportune of times and that is when we are vunerable. I do hope those thoughts have passed now and it is a great idea to look through your passport and realise just how great you are doing. Catching yourself in a window is another one for sure LOL, doing the double take is something I've been doing lately too. Is that me!?

You do have a great family and I admire the way you communicate. K is very lucky to have a mother who is so open and has the ability to analyse situations for the better.

Keep up the great work chook and a big thank you for just being you :-)

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all have days like that!! That TFTD is just so true!!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Kt said...

Sorry to hear you were having a downer the other night & hope u are feeling much better now!
600gms a wk is a great weekly average & I'm glad u can notice that you have lost weight!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Sometimes it takes just one reflection, one crystal clear moment when we truely see ourselves as we are, that we realise we are all bloody fantastic and have so much to be proud of. You are doing a fantastic job. Raising a child, keeping a good family, losing weight, working, it is a tough call and you are doing it with humour and humility. Don't ever think you are doing a bad job. Unless you get KFC on the way home. Then you can slap yourself. Once. OK, twice. ;) Hope you have a great day tomorrow

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home