Friday, August 05, 2005

Baggy size 12s

Today I woke up feeling half way human – something I haven’t done for quite a few mornings !!! As it is Jeans for Genes day today, I arranged for those who wanted to make the donation to wear jeans to work (our big boss is REALLY against casual day on Friday – something which most companies on the Gold Coast go with). Anyway I got dressed and walked through to the kitchen to have breakfast and K said to me “Gee Mom – those jeans are really baggy – you must have lost more weight” – yeah for daughters who are so observant !!!!!! They do feel much looser on my – while I don’t have to wear a belt just yet – it won’t be long before I have to if I want to carry on wearing them.
We just had a monthly meeting (with biscuits and snacks) and I managed to walk away with only have had 3 cheese twists – they are my favourite savoury biscuit but, oh so moreish when you get started on them.
I haven’t told K yet, but we are going to go out tonight – will have dinner at a local tavern and then go to the movies. She has been so good lately and has helped me so much around the house with lunches and breakfast and generally just listening and doing what she has to without me nagging – long may it continue especially now that it is almost certain that Al will be away for quite a few months. I know that I always say thank you for what she does but think that this would be a nice treat for both of us especially as I am not working tonight and only have to be there at 6pm tomorrow.
Hope that you all have a fantastic weekend – take care, be good and look after yourselves !


TFTD : Some people give time, some money, some their skills and connections, some literally their blood ……….. but, everyone has something to give.

TIAGF : My baggy size 12s as it means I am getting closer to achieving my goal.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Whoot, great to see you post and even better to be feeling human ;-) and even more better that the jeans are loose! Girls notice everything!

I love that you realise that you have the control too. There are so many choices that can be made for us but our health, it's in our hands for sure. Good thinking Linda.

Have a great night girls!

11:29 AM  
Blogger michelle said...

Gotta love her for complimenting you this morning. It will be so nice for you to goout with your daughter. Special girls tim etogether is something I really enjoy with my DD. It is sad about Al being away but you have a great attitude to it. You will all benefit in the long run I am sure. I need you to speak to my mum. Your comments are almost word for word for what I say to her about change and woryying about what you cannot change. You are so right about the fact that we can change what we eat and we are doing it. Wish we could help them to affect positive change in their lives too. Have a beautiful night with K.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Leighanne said...

Hope you both have a lovely night out!
Yay for baggy pants:)

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great going Linda with the baggy size 12's!! Have a lovely night out with Kaitlin. It does sounds like your mum worries a bit - but then that's what mothers do sometimes! Must be pretty hard for you with Al away but was great to hear you sounding happier today. Have a great weekend.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Good going baggy pants :) It is so nice of you to plan this night out. Hope you and K have a brilliant time. I love your TFTD today. You are so right, we all have something to give.

Have a great night tonight and a lovely day tomorrow :)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Woohooo for baggy jeans, and baggy size 12 ones at that!! Ohh I can only dream :-) Have a great night out and enjoy your weekend xxx

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home